John Bryant ex RSPCA British leader dies..

Vegan Dogs

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
John Bryant ex RSPCA British leader dies...controversial book FETTERED KINGDOMS caused a stir he said pets were slaves ....abolish pet ownership slave

pets are not natural, it is abuse to own animals as IT IS SLAVERY to put collars on them, control their lives entirely as they are as pets, their entire existance is unnatural in all respects.

uk head of rspca dies....author of leading book after decades of experience of animal ownership and abuse....end the slavery of animals kept by humans as pets he wrote in his book

we arrogantly decide how their lives should be...decide how we think they feel happy or not simply because they show signs of submissiveness to our impositions they are not able to object to or control...their entire lives are in fact pathetic as toys for our entertainment use.

so long as we keep animals as prisoners there will always be extreme abuse and cruelty cases...the entire existance of animals kept as pets needs to be seen for what it really is...entertainment use of animals by humans.
we have corrupted their physiques, natures massively, made them dependent on us in a human environment they do not belong in anymore than any non existant ecosystem out there that they also do not belong in either.
they are shadows of what animals of their species really should be. pathetic shadows.
uk head of rspca dies....author of leading book after decades of experience of animal ownership and abuse....end the slavery of animals kept by humans as pets he wrote in his book
WOW...EX HEAD OF RSPCA author of book called FETTERED KINGDOMS where he advocated ending pet ownership to free the slaves we have created out of dogs rabbits cats...Fettered Kingdoms describes John Bryant's own animal rights philosophy reached through painful experience and compares it to the traditional "welfare" thinking. Many "animal lovers" will be shocked by his views on animals - particularly pets. Some members of 'animal liberation' groups will also take little comfort from his attack on some of their tactics. But his twenty years experience includes being a hunt saboteur, a Council member and vice Chairman of the RSPCA, manager of an animal sanctuary for eight heart breaking years, appearing in court charged with 'receiving' two 'smoking beagles', serving as Chairman of Animal Aid's Council for four years and then as a full time official of the League Against Cruel Sports. There can be few who are better qualified in their subject.
First Published: 1982
Second Edition: 1983,,,Revised Edition: 1990
John Bryant was a legend. Unfortunately for animals, the human mass has not caught up with his evolved and intelligent thinking. He will be greatly missed

N MEMORY OF JOHN

So sad to hear about the death, from bone cancer at the age of 77, of vegan animal protection campaigner, John Bryant.

Over the years, many people come and go, but John dedicated his life to protecting wildlife and other animals, through involvement with many campaigns and organisations, and such steadfastness is, sadly, all too rare in our movement.

A profile of his work since 1972 can be seen on his website at http://www.jbryant.co.uk/profile.html
It’s not all on there, though, by any means, because in his younger years, John was also a very active hunt saboteur and his animal rescue work involved giving sanctuary to animals saved from laboratories and other cruel establishments by the Animal Liberation Front.
One of my fondest memories of him is of turning up on his doorstep with half a dozen guinea pigs I’d been involved in rescuing from a laboratory animal supplier, which he took in and cared for without hesitation.
John lived a life that was truly worth living and his time on Earth helped make this planet a better place for the other animals who share it with us. Would that there were far more people like him!

pets are not natural, it is abuse to own animals as IT IS SLAVERY to put collars on them, control their lives entirely as they are as pets, their entire existance is unnatural in all respects.

we arrogantly decide how their lives should be...decide how we think they feel happy or not simply because they show signs of submissiveness to our impositions they are not able to object to or control...their entire lives are in fact pathetic as toys for our entertainment use.

so long as we keep animals as prisoners there will always be extreme abuse and cruelty cases...the entire existance of animals kept as pets needs to be seen for what it really is...entertainment use of animals by humans.

we have corrupted their physiques, natures massively, made them dependent on us in a human environment they do not belong in anymore than any non existant ecosystem out there that they also do not belong in either.

they are shadows of what animals of their species really should be. pathetic shadows.

WOW...EX HEAD OF RSPCA author of book called FETTERED KINGDOMS where he advocated ending pet ownership to free the slaves we have created out of dogs rabbits cats...Fettered Kingdoms describes John Bryant's own animal rights philosophy reached through painful experience and compares it to the traditional "welfare" thinking. Many "animal lovers" will be shocked by his views on animals - particularly pets. Some members of 'animal liberation' groups will also take little comfort from his attack on some of their tactics. But his twenty years experience includes being a hunt saboteur, a Council member and vice Chairman of the RSPCA, manager of an animal sanctuary for eight heart breaking years, appearing in court charged with 'receiving' two 'smoking beagles', serving as Chairman of Animal Aid's Council for four years and then as a full time official of the League Against Cruel Sports. There can be few who are better qualified in their subject.
First Published: 1982
Second Edition: 1983,,,Revised Edition: 1990

John Bryant was a legend. Unfortunately for animals, the human mass has not caught up with his evolved and intelligent thinking. He will be greatly missed.

ps for those ignorant of this man...PROFILE OF JOHN BRYANT
In 2014 awarded the RSPCA's highest award - The Queen Victoria Gold Medal - for services to animal welfare.
Elected as RSPCA Trustee in June 2009 and a member of the Wild Animals Strategy Committee.
Consultant to the Political Animal Lobby (PAL) in respect of the government's Hunting Bill (2000 - 2003).
Founder member of Protect Our Wild Animals (POWA) formed in 1998 in order to press the government into fulfilling their pre-election pledge to outlaw the hunting of wild mammals with dogs.
Appeared in court as an expert witness in several cases involving the snaring of wild animals.
During the Parliamentary career of the Wild Mammals (Hunting with Dogs) Bill 1997, presented by Michael Foster MP, became a consultant to the Campaign for the Protection of Hunted Animals (an affiliation between the RSPCA, International Fund for Animals and League Against Cruel Sports) and acted both as an advisor to Michael Foster and as a member of the legal team on the Bill.
In 1990 during the successful Parliamentary passage of the Badgers Bill 1991, was appointed as 'negotiator' for the Coalition for Badgers which consisted of the RSPCA, Royal Society for Nature, National Federation of Badgers Group and the League Against Cruel Sports.
Briefed Members of Parliament on the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 and Protection of Badgers Act 1992 and produced the original drafts of the Wild Mammals (Protection) Bills of 1992, 1995 and 1996 (the latter became law in April 1996).
In 1978 I was elected to the executive committee of the League Against Cruel Sports and served in this voluntary position until 1984 when I joined the staff as Press Officer and Wildlife Research Officer. I also became editor of the League's quarterly newspaper Wildlife Guardian and, in 1997, was presented with the BBC Wildlife Magazine's award for 'Best Campaigning Environmental Newspaper'.
Manager of the Ferne Animal Sanctuary in Somerset from 1976 to 1983 and was responsible for the sanctuary's 36 acres, its seven staff, kennels, cattery, stables and wildlife rescue centre. I was licensed under the Firearms Act to possess and use humane-killers supplied by the RSPCA for emergency euthanasia.
Chairman of the Council of Animal Aid from 1984 to 1988.
An elected member from 1972 until 1979 and eventually became Vice chairman of the RSPCA's National Council. I served on the following RSPCA committees: Animal Welfare Establishments Committee; Wild Animals Advisory Committee; Education Committee; Unwanted Animals Working Party (Chair).

Animal rights radical aiming at top in the RSPCA wants to 'phase out' pet ownership
Veteran campaigner John Bryant hopes to be elected as RSPCA trustee
He is calling for all pets to be neutered and wants to end pet ownership
Radical compared pet keeping to slavery in 1982 book Fettered Kingdoms

The former chief officer of the League Against Cruel Sports has called for all pets to be neutered and wants to 'phase out' pet ownership
'I have two dogs myself, I have never been without pets.
'I think it is the duty of anyone who is involved in animal rights, if they are able, to take animals out of kennels and pens.'
But Mr Bryant, who was previously chief officer of the League Against Cruel Sports, added: 'The human race has been a disaster for the animal kingdoms of the planet. Animals have been enslaved and they have been dominated by the human race.
'If I was king of the world I would say that all domestic pets should be neutered. The overpopulation of pets in this country is a disgrace.
'I was talking about releasing animals from the shackles of human control, not in a literal sense of letting them go, but neutering them, taking care of the ones we have got, and starting to deal with the massive overpopulation problem that is dominating animal welfare.'
The winners of the election will become trustees of the charity with responsibility for its leadership, direction and the use of its £125 million-a-year income.
Also standing for election are Dr Dan Lyons and Angela Roberts who run the Centre for Animals and Social Justice in Sheffield.
Their think tank is working on research into 'democratic theory and practice in relation to the representation of animals' interests'.

87499445_10219943732016522_2709363265506377728_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: anarchist100