Is it possible to eat too much fruit and vegetables?

My mom and sister are both bipolar, and when they stop taking their medications their lives literally fall apart. Each time it causes permanent and irreparable harm. I've had to watch it happen to them over and over again. I've seen them lose relationships, friends, jobs, homes. My mom has been involuntarily hospitalized more than once, and my sister has lost custody of her children.

It can be very difficult for some people to stay on their medications. It becomes easy to think that you're not your true self when you're on your medication, that it's somehow holding you back, that you can just stop taking it for a little while to see how you feel. You might start to think that you're seeing things clearer than ever and that you're on top of the world even as you're losing your grip on reality and your life is falling apart.

My mom actually takes olanzapine, the same drug you're suggesting can be substituted with CBD oil and mindfulness, the same drug you're suggesting is "sedating" veganDreama (it's not a sedative but who has time for google?). I've seen what happens when someone stops taking it without doctor approval.

Your comments are ignorant and irresponsible. If you actually knew enough about psychiatry and pharmacology to be worth listening to you would know better than to offer advice with literally no relevant information on her medical history or diagnosis. We can all see through your phony expertise, but if you'd like to keep embarrassing yourself carry on.

Slonaut: I'm sure you are well meaning with your advise but Sax is right. Some herb and the power of thought might help you and I agree that it can work but I'm not about to stop taking my medicine because I NEED it.

Sax: I'm sorry to hear about your mom and sister had bipolar. My mum also had mental health issues as did my aunt Chantal who spent most of her life in and out of various mental hospitals.

Reactions: Emma JC
you can eat more and more vegetables and fruits but according to the dietitian advice. You may have any type of deficiencies like, iron, vitamin or protein. if you have vitamin B12 deficiency then you should eat animal based food regularly, drink more amount of milk. If you are fat, then avoid carbohydrate, oily foods, instead eat more green vegetables. So eating more and more food is according to your need and the capacity of your body.

you should eat animal based food regularly

I'm vegan so I won't be taking your advice. This is a vegan message board so most other people here are also vegan. I have a BMI of 21 so I'm not fat, I just feel that way sometimes. I take Iron and B12 supplements. I'm in good health.

I'm vegan so I won't be taking your advice. This is a vegan message board so most other people here are also vegan. I have a BMI of 21 so I'm not fat, I just feel that way sometimes. I take Iron and B12 supplements. I'm in good health.
I am extremely sorry for that, I have not commented that particular "animal based foods" for vegan people. For vegan it is good to take B12 supplements. Thanks for rectifying me.

Hi vegandreama , what l would like to add to the above is that fruit , although good for you , does have fructose in it . While it is a natural sugar , it is still a sugar , and fructose ( even from fruit) has been linked with inflammation in the body and possibly other issues . We probably should stick to eating fruit in season only , and not too much on a daily basis .

In caveman days , we possibly gorged on it while it was available , especially if other food was scarce - but that is avoiding starvation .. I would suggest you try to stick to no more than 3 pieces ( or handfuls) a day ..Apparently this amount is fine , especially since the fiber in fruit helps the body to digest the fructose ...

Perhaps you could try eating more vegetable snacks at night ? I agree with Lou and Sax , re eating late at night - the body actually needs a rest from digesting , and it is recommended that it has a 12 hour break overnight . If you are having a very late breakfast , that's ok .. If you are having an early one , the body isn't getting that rest - if the body is busy digesting all of that fiber , it could very easily disturb your quality of sleep .

Re eating too much of vegetables and fruit in general - it is possible to overload the body with way too much fiber , and certain vegetables ( carrots for example) can actually stain your skin orange if you eat large amounts of them - which is your body's way of trying to eliminate an overload of beta-carotene ..

So - yes , it is possible to overdo it .. Nevertheless , it would have to be pretty large amounts ..

Try to strike a balance if you can ..
Having said all of that - obviously , it's always your choice ! It's about feeling the best you can , both physically and mentally ..
Best of luck with it , big hugs from Blissful xo

It is very less likely to overeat with fruits and vegetables. So, you can just drink a glass of milk which will help you to sleep or drink a glass full of water before you eat your vegetables or fruita. That will help you feel full. So, you can sleep nicely.