Bean Sprouts and dopamine

Copesetti

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello, I have cleansed myself of most processed foods and have been a Vegan for about two months, now. I feel so much better and I love it. I am healthy and enjoy staying fit through exercise. I recently started sprouting beans, and I noticed that when I eat Sprouts I really enjoy eating them. Eating the sprouts seems to excite my brain. If I were to compare the feeling I would compare the feeling to when you are hungry and are about to bite into some of your favorite popcorn bathed in the seasonings you love when watching a movie you have been anticipating watching.

I have never had that happen before. Is there something in sprouts which excites the brain? like increasing your dopamine or serotonin level?

I have also noticed that I need to be careful to not eat too many sprouts in one meal ( I LOVE SPROUTS !) so that I don't end up feeling ill from eating to many.
So far I have sprouted Horse Gram and Mung Bean. I think I experienced the brain excitement when I ate the sprouted Horse Gram.

Reactions: Emma JC
I used to sprout, it certainly is a cheap way to get lots of nutrition, and different nutrition, from the seeds.
I can't say I know what you mean about being excited. Are you sure it's the sprouts and not just eating wfpb and exercise?
Sounds like how I feel after a matcha & fruit smoothie!

I have a jar of broccoli seeds I should sprout. I've never had horse gram, I'm in need of an Indian Grocer trip

Reactions: Copesetti
I used to sprout, it certainly is a cheap way to get lots of nutrition, and different nutrition, from the seeds.
I can't say I know what you mean about being excited. Are you sure it's the sprouts and not just eating wfpb and exercise?
Sounds like how I feel after a matcha & fruit smoothie!

I have a jar of broccoli seeds I should sprout. I've never had horse gram, I'm in need of an Indian Grocer trip

Thanks everyone. I love the sprouts and attribute the feeling specifically just to them. However my body/mind seems to limit me on my consumption because it is registering as a very "Rich" food source.

Reactions: bEt
Thanks everyone. I love the sprouts and attribute the feeling specifically just to them. However my body/mind seems to limit me on my consumption because it is registering as a very "Rich" food source.
no more than 4 cups a day, at least of broccoli sprouts ! which I can see for those putting them in smoothies as well as other things

I know he's talked more about them, that's all I found on nutritionfacts

Reactions: Emma JC