Is it ok to eat dairy, when there is a meat by-product?

Do you think it could become acceptable for us (vegetarians) to eat veal because it would mean that

• Total voters
When I read this now I am not sure if I am reading this from the Vegan section or the Vegetarian section good grief LOL

Do you think it could become acceptable for us (vegetarians) to eat veal because it would mean that

I'm still waiting to find out what vegetarians eating veal would mean.

Im not even sure I understand the Thread title...

Is it ok to eat dairy when there is a meat byproduct...
Meat byproduct....
Meat..

I cant wrap my head around why dairy should suddenly be ok to eat because there is a MEAT byproduct. Unless thats not what OP was asking?

Yes. I get that...Im not explaining myself well.

Why would vegetarians, who dont eat meat, be ok with the fact their dairy produces meat byproducts?

Im not sure what the point in the question is?

I mean, he was saying as dairy lead to animals being killed is it really vegetarian to consume dairy.

Right..got you now. Either I was being slow or the question was badly worded.

In a perfect world everyone would be vegan because of course many aspects of vegetarianism result in animal death (chickens and male chicks for the egg industry, bees for honey etc) Its not limited to the dairy industry is it?

The dairy industry's main product is dairy, but that leads to unwanted calves, and old cows who are no longer needed, so meat is the by product.