Is anyone else being directly impacted by this shutdown? Vent about it here!

I think both parties are lucky that this isn't an election year, but 2014 is, and it will be interesting to see how many voters will still be outraged enough 12 months from now to go to the polls and vote those assholes out.

We know a few people who get food stamps and as of today they have been shut down.I feel sorry for these people as they have kids and apparently were not stocked up so now they have no way to get things except with cash and these people don't make much money anyways.

ETA:I just learned it was probably a computer glitch but the government shutdown could effect people in November if it's not over with.Here's some info if anybody is interested.

http://www.fox19.com/story/23675538...nt-shutdown-likely-cause-of-ebt-card-failures

Yeah I just saw this on the news. Thank the FSM it was just a computer failure. It will be horrendous if it is effected in November though.

I think both parties are lucky that this isn't an election year, but 2014 is, and it will be interesting to see how many voters will still be outraged enough 12 months from now to go to the polls and vote those assholes out.

Sigh... none or close enough.

We were setting a hud deal of our lawsuit against the lenders that didn't give us a house last year and right when we were about to settle, that is when the shut down happens, now we are screwed for several more weeks until hud opens....

Yeah I just saw this on the news. Thank the FSM it was just a computer failure. It will be horrendous if it is effected in November though.
That's correct the computer went out and they fixed it, I am not sure after that... There was a protest today in D.C so I am having my mind on that...