News Is a left-of-centre PM candidate electable in the UK?

yer, you're right........I don't know what I was thinking of....

I think a real left wing Labour party is unlikely to get into power. The right wing press has enough of the electorate wrapped around its finger to prevent that.

I think too many people think along the lines that ruthless people know how to get rich, therefore ruthless people are good with money, and therefore are good for the economy. It is a non sequitur.

The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for - Comment - Voices - The Independent

Mark Steel said:
Now Blair himself has informed us Corbyn would be a disaster.
This could cause a problem, because for giving his views in a speech Blair usually charges at least £200,000, and Labour’s finances are stretched enough as it is.
Normally he’s advising the government of Kazakhstan or a Saudi Arabian oil company, or shaking hands with characters like Colonel Gaddafi so it’s surprising he didn’t suggest cancelling the election and putting the army in charge of the party, and sentencing Diane Abbott to 500 lashes. Even so it’s sweet of him to take time out from his busy schedule.

Andy Burnham looks weird; like some kind of actor from an old black and white movie...maybe it is too much makeup..?

Left-winger Jeremy Corbyn is 'first choice for Londoners' | Politics | News | London Evening Standard

Jeremy Corbyn is most popular for Londoners in a YouGov poll, if we still believe in polls.;) I thought it was interesting that he is supposed to be more popular with the better-off ABC1 social classes as I have read that Labour lost because they didn't appeal to the higher up classes and because people in the E class that Labour tried to attract with their manifesto often don't vote.

NRS social grade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grade Social class Chief income earner's occupation
A
upper middle class Executive, administrative or professional
B middle class High managerial, administrative or professional, experts in field
C1 lower middle class Supervisory or clerical and managerial
C2 skilled working class Skilled manual workers
D working class Semi-skilled manual workers
E non working Casual or lowest grade workers, pensioners, and others who depend on the welfare state for their income

If Corbyn gets elected, I suppose the right wing press will always claim he doesn't really have a mandate due to all the false votes.

^ That really cracked me up.:rofl:

It's interesting to see how many moved from Lib Dem to JC.

CNZoThTWEAAT0Oh_zpswekxpcri.png

Last edited:
seriously though, some Tory has probably bought the cup in order to clone him and make the anti-Corbyn.

one problem I see with the 'left' is that it maybe is becoming increasingly associated with atheism, and general 'scepticism' about the supernatural. I think most people aren't really sceptical, if they look at their beliefs, and that includes a lot of the working class. I tried to find out if Corbyn was an atheist, and after a little googling, it seems he said that religion was fascinating, which probably means he is an atheist.