News Is a left-of-centre PM candidate electable in the UK?

Hmm. I would say that US troops, in general, are better than ISIS warriors.

So, if I ever choose to become a politicians, my opponents can rightfully claim that I compared US troops to ISIS.

I'm not convinced that Corbyn will be elected....a lot of people might have paid the 3 quid to keep him out, and they are using AV, so enough people may have voted for the other 3.

I'm not convinced that Corbyn will be elected....a lot of people might have paid the 3 quid to keep him out, and they are using AV, so enough people may have voted for the other 3.
Yes, that is what I was thinking too. They have purged a lot of new people who have registered, and the AV / ranking type of voting means that if Corbyn doesn't get a majority in the first "round", then if the supporters of the other candidates have deliberately ranked Corbyn last, then one of the other candidates will be elected. Or I think that is how it will work?

I thought the fact that Sadiq Khan won the Labour nomination for the London mayoral race yesterday meant that JC would probably win too. Khan is quite left-wing. I am wary of predicting any results now though as we all know people can be very wrong.:D

The political expert on the BBC just now said that London is becoming very different politically to the rest of the country as the people are younger and that is what JC has tapped into.

I cannot believe how much of a stir JC has made. What happens if he does win, will all the Blairite Labour people leave the party?o_O

I wish the UK manufactured more things, like Germany. This is where the industrial revolution started and now we just...what do we do.? Is it mainly banking, and service industry...?

Reactions: Amy SF
people that were on the front bench will fall back to the back benches and hope Corbyn will resign at some point, and at that point, they will jump back and try to get back to the front.