Iodine and dreams

• Thread starter Deleted member 2819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2819

For as long as I can remember, I’ve suffered from “dreamless” sleep. After further honing in my daily nutritional values, I started to realise I’ve been deprived of Iodine for at least the past two years.

After three days of supplementing with Detoxodine, I’m dreaming again. Long dreams, too. I welcome this as well as the increased metabolism. Also excited not having to depend on coffee for energy.

I hate dreaming, will do any thing to block them. If anyone knows how to stop them I would be soooo grateful.
Does low iodine really stop dreaming ? Yes I would risk my health if I thought I could have dream free sleep. It is so bad sometimes I am actually afraid to sleep.

Reactions: CountessKerouac
Hmmm, how interesting...it would appear iodine plays a role in your dreams, according to a quick Google search.

There are huge risks to letting your iodine levels fall low. I'm not sure you'd want to risk potential weight gain, lethargy, possible hair loss, flaky skin, and several other symptoms, especially for menstruating females, just to sleep without dreaming.

Oddly enough, I eat tons of dulse, and other iodine rich foods, but can't remember the last dream I had. It's been forever since I've remembered a dream. I kinda miss it to be honest. When I was a kid I'd remembered everything I dreamed about, and in vivid detail, I might add. In fact I used to be able to have fairly lucid dreams when I was under 12 years old. Dreaming to me is a pleasure. I only recall maybe one or two really bad nightmares in my entire life, and those were all before I was a teenager.

Dreaming is sometimes ok, rarely pleasant, mostly bad. All of which I can put up with but the worse than nightmares and terrors I want to live without. I taught myself lucid dreaming, learned how to wake myself, hypnosis, dream catchers , Wiccan chants and spells, acupuncture, massage When all else fails drinking to excess helps, when that fails sleeping tablets help. So yep if low iodine can help stop dreaming I will talk about it with my Dr, she knows my history ( and that's not pretty ) she will at least listen to me and explain the pros and cons

@alleycat

Have you ever tried meditation? I'm not sure why I don't recall my dreams, but I do meditate every night before bed. I learned TM from a friend many years ago. It helps calm me before I sleep. Often I've had a busy day with my mind racing, so this little ritual has been incredibly helpful for me. Whether it would cause the effect of not recalling dreams, I just don't know for sure, but it most definitely helps me sleep. I actually miss the dreams. My dreams were always wacky, but never unpleasant.

I have a feeling your doctor is not going to like your idea. Just sayin' ;)

Hmmm, how interesting...it would appear iodine plays a role in your dreams, according to a quick Google search.

There are huge risks to letting your iodine levels fall low. I'm not sure you'd want to risk potential weight gain, lethargy, possible hair loss, flaky skin, and several other symptoms, especially for menstruating females, just to sleep without dreaming.

Oddly enough, I eat tons of dulse, and other iodine rich foods, but can't remember the last dream I had. It's been forever since I've remembered a dream. I kinda miss it to be honest. When I was a kid I'd remembered everything I dreamed about, and in vivid detail, I might add. In fact I used to be able to have fairly lucid dreams when I was under 12 years old. Dreaming to me is a pleasure. I only recall maybe one or two really bad nightmares in my entire life, and those were all before I was a teenager.
I am reading all of these questions and answers and it’s very interesting as I take sea moss gel which is very high in iodine and it causes me to have the most wildest dreams I’ve ever had! I wouldn’t say there bad dreams but definitely wild! I’ve done some research on sea moss and dreams but nothing has really given me a straight explanation

• Informative
Reactions: Veganite