Introduction

Welcome to VF!

I used to hang out with some relatives who were studying theology at the time. Seemed interesting enough, but not my cup of tea.

Reactions: Emma JC
RC Sproul made an excellent comment and wrote a book called “everyone is a theologian “. He is perhaps my favorite philosopher of recent times.

Reactions: Second Summer
Thank you!

I look forward to learning this vegan stuff.

I plan on primarily being plant based with one meat meal a week for my health.

You don't really need one meat meal a week for health.
in fact there are some good arguments that having meat occasionally is not optimum.
Mostly its about your gut's biome. but its complicated and I'm not sure I can explain it.

Reactions: Emma JC
I’m familiar with that. I figured I would keep fish in my diet since it is delicious and healthy. That way having the occasional barbecue chicken or a really good steak wouldn’t be too hard on me.

I’m familiar with that. I figured I would keep fish in my diet since it is delicious and healthy. That way having the occasional barbecue chicken or a really good steak wouldn’t be too hard on me.

you may wish to consider watching Seaspiracy? also @Lou is correct, when you cut out animal products your gut biome changes (for the better) and so having them once a week will change that process - you may find this article interesting....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
Seems like these bible stuff is a good match, since you're not into science
I am very much into science. My problem is that I had bad science forced on me growing up in school and it wasn’t until the Lord redeemed me after trying to destroy Christianity for 24 years but I was able to actually see good science.

Everyone brings presuppositions and biases to the table. I was doing some research on geology and was talking to one of the guys at my church who is working on his doctorate in biology and we were talking about the geographic record and he had told me that when he did some digging, he sat with guys that were considered experts and they told him, “We basically assign an age to a rock layer and then run it through a formula with the age added. Each formula brings a different result so you have to pick the one you want. The only layer we can’t do that with is the sentiment later.”

If you’d like to email back-and-forth, I’d be happy to discuss science, but I don’t want to use this forum for debate. My goal is to learn more about nutrition and my condition.

you may wish to consider watching Seaspiracy? also @Lou is correct, when you cut out animal products your gut biome changes (for the better) and so having them once a week will change that process - you may find this article interesting....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Interesting. I was curious if something like that was happening or would happen.

I was telling Sarah that it is difficult to switch to a totally different nutrition plan. Not only because I’m not used to cooking this way, but it’s also because I’m not used to eating this way. That kind of stuff you keep her on the house is way different and so we are trying to learn.

I would highly recommend the book to all of you called the blue zones solution. I was pretty fascinated by what they found in regards to nutrition around the world and the longest living people in different areas.

Reactions: Lou
Interesting. I was curious if something like that was happening or would happen.

I was telling Sarah that it is difficult to switch to a totally different nutrition plan. Not only because I’m not used to cooking this way, but it’s also because I’m not used to eating this way. That kind of stuff you keep her on the house is way different and so we are trying to learn.
Yes. almost everyone recommends a transition. For both practical and biological reasons.
Three weeks to a month seems to be the most common recommendation. But lots of people - for any number of reasons take longer.

I think any longer than a couple of months is just a from of procrastination.

Also some people never finish transitioning. They may not receive the full benefit but they still benefit a lot.

I'm pretty sure I read something on that but I can't remember when, where, or what the conclusion was. Maybe someone here can remember it for us.

When I was strongman training and I was switching, it was sudden.

my trainer said I would lose “gains”, get weak, etc. already, I was passing out around 2-3 PM from exhaustion and waking up anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours later.

after 3 days of having a vegan shake and a burrito (black beans, rice, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers and onions, and salsa) for lunch and supper and peanut butter for snacks, chronic fatigue went away and I felt drastically better.

I got burned out in the burrito but stuck with it for a month and exceeded my trainers’ expectations.