News Impossible Whoppers Cause Man Boobs

Oh lol...I don't eat impossible whoppers, but I've been eating tofu for years (even before going vegan, though less), and I've yet to develop those precious moobs that would complete my transformation from hard and manly to the more effeminate disposition I have so increasingly desired since going vegan...lol

I've never understood the lack of logic in this suggestion. Asian men have been eating soy regularly for centuries and they don't have enlarged breasts. Billions of men miraculously unaffected by soy, yet people hang on to an obvious lie... the idea must've come from a top shelf PR propaganda machine to stick so well.

I've never understood the lack of logic in this suggestion. Asian men have been eating soy regularly for centuries and they don't have enlarged breasts. Billions of men miraculously unaffected by soy, yet people hang on to an obvious lie... the idea must've come from a top shelf PR propaganda machine to stick so well.
Don't forget about the "Real Men Eat Meat" ad campaign in the 1970's. With a heaping helping of cognitive dissonance and a splash of toxic masculinity, you can get males to fear anything! And it doesn't even take much work to do so.

This of course does not apply to all males, just the literal "meat head" ones.

I can't remember where I read about this (or was it TV?), but it was about propaganda. There was this technique that is very old Soviet stuff. You start off by mentioning something but not saying it's true.

Like in this article, they say that men are convinced that the Impossible Burger causes Man boobs. This article doesn't even say which men. or provide direct quotes or numbers or anything substantial. Their evidence seems to be a few Twitter posts. Heck for all we know the author of the article could have posted those.

The next steps are all about repetition. And just sort of leave off any of the restrictions or qualifications. Ex: some people say IW cause man boobs.

Then with enough repetition, you get this:
Have you heard that IW cause man boobs?
Oh, yeah. I have heard that.

And then the article goes on and uses a very wishy-washy quote from a Professor of Nutrition.
“Whether this is good, bad or indifferent depends entirely on who you read and what you read,”

Hey, have you heard that the Ukrainians were behind the 2016 election interference?

Should you look at my avatar, you will notice that my man breasts are so big that even my wife gets jealous. I call my left breast Quater Pounder and the right breast Whopper.

Little babies love falling asleep on my man breasts. So I am not complaining.

@Nekodaiden, should you ever complete your transition, I would be happy to treat you to some Quarter Pounder or Whopper.

• Haha
Reactions: Forest Nymph
So many people just take things at face value and don't bother to research some of the things they hear.

So many people just take things at face value and don't bother to research some of the things they hear.

I think there are "active measures" being taken by the dairy and meat industry to keep people confused and ill-informed. Come to think of it, this article came from Fox and it wouldn't surprise me if they were not just dupes but dupers.

Like many other misconceptions, the "soy and men" misconception has a kernel of truth, which has been grossly exaggerated along the way.

There are 2 case studies in which men experienced rather alarming hormonal effects as a result of consuming extremely large amounts of soy foods on a daily basis. Here are those case studies, with links:

In a 2008 case study, a 60-year old male developed enlarged breast issue and erectile dysfunction as a result of drinking 3 quarts of soymilk (12 servings) per day, every day. Only 3-4 servings of calcium-fortified soymilk are needed to achieve 100% RDI of calcium. Here is the abstract of that case study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591

In a 2011 case study, a 19-year old male developed erectile dysfunction as a result of consuming 14 servings of soy foods per day. Here is the abstract of that case study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476 (unfortunately, the full text of the study can only be seen by purchasing it).

Note that, after these men discontinued consuming their massive daily servings of soy, their bodies returned to normal.

I think there are "active measures" being taken by the dairy and meat industry to keep people confused and ill-informed. Come to think of it, this article came from Fox and it wouldn't surprise me if they were not just dupes but dupers.
Oh, I agree. Which makes it even more important to check into whatever we hear and read about food/medical studies in general.

Reactions: David3