"If you're Catholic, you support pedophilia."

Not exactly... any person who continues to support the Catholic church despite hearing about the abuse... is supporting that abuse.

Not exactly... any person who continues to support the Catholic church despite hearing about the abuse... is supporting that abuse.

To an extent. Church is more than just the hierarchy, it's a community. I haven't gone in years but I do know the current priest, he really is a good man and he is angry at the betrayal of the church hierarchy for all the coverups and evil things done in the church's name... his church.

To an extent. Church is more than just the hierarchy, it's a community. I haven't gone in years but I do know the current priest, he really is a good man and he is angry at the betrayal of the church hierarchy for all the coverups and evil things done in the church's name...
And you know he isn't a pedophile because...?

I propose a program called 'Babysit a Catholic Priest" where no young men will be allowed around Catholic priests without adult supervision. This is the only way I can think of that the abuse will stop.

Reactions: Mel and thefadedone
If you support an organization that protects pedophiles... then you protect pedophiles. Doesn't seem so complicated to me. Sorry but I'm just not buying this bullsh-t anymore. The Catholic church, and anyone who condones their behavior, needs to be brought down. Time for the whole silly archaic religion to be brought to its knees. The sooner the better.

Catholicism isn't only an organization, it's a set of beliefs, culture and other things as well.

Besides, condoning a behavior is far different from merely adhering to a religion.

Support how?

Maybe we should have women take over the Catholic church and boot the priests out. And have the main goal of the church to help the poor and the sick, like Mother Teresa. That is what Catholicism was intended for.

When I was Catholic in my mid to late teens I felt out of place, I felt that God didn't want me to be in the church for some reason and I felt like I didn't belong in the church for some reason. Years later as I married my Baptist raised husband an we went to a Bible non denomnational church, I then found out the reason why I was called out of the Catholic church. Its all about ritual and confusing and I wanted a church to worship God not do rituals, Now I am hurt by the Baptist churches for certain reasons the most one thing I am hurt is my current church we still members with offended my husband and I due to forcing my favorite pastor to resign of his personal problems. The guy was asking for help and support in his matters but, people were not giving up on the negative side of the matters but, to chew him down and point fingers at him and it tore up the church and he left it also. I want to say I still care for that man and I will do all it takes to bring him back up.
As for the Catholic church my family is Catholic and they support everything in the Catholic church but, it scares me because , all they are in it is for rituals and other things.

Reactions: FortyTwo
I have never had good (verbal) experiences with any religious people, mostly Catholic and Christian so Im afraid I dont consider myself to follow Religion and maybe dont have the right to speak as I do about it. Because of those conversations I have a very bad view of Religious types and I know that its bad to think like that because not all are tarred with the same brush.

I do have a snippet which could be relivent.
Following a funeral, I overheard two women talking about the new Catholic Priest at their local Church, one of them said something like "He's a lovely man, trying to get people interested in the Church again. Hes really focusing on the young ones"
It could have been perfectly innocent, but it sounded so off to me.

Is it necessary to equate all pedophiles with child-abusing/child-raping pedophiles? I think the good ones (surely they must be out there?) should be encouraged to seek treatment and support.

Is it necessary to equate all pedophiles with child-abusing/child-raping pedophiles? I think the good ones (surely they must be out there?) should be encouraged to seek treatment and support.

I actually saw a show with an admitted pedophile who said he has never acted on it. He makes sure to never be alone with children, even his own grandkids. He has told those close to him, even his kids, so that they understand why he avoids being alone with children and to help keep it that way.

You do need to know the one of the reason's why Catholic priests are going after children and probley woman are because they cannot marry , if they would go and get married and was allowed like my pastor's does then they will be able to control themselves. Depriving a man to have a marriage and family is not what any church was created for. This is another reason why I didn't like the Catholic church because they don't allow the priests to have family.

Are you seriously saying Marriage is a cure for pedophilia and or rape?
:fp:
You do need to know the one of the reason's why Catholic priests are going after children and probley woman are because they cannot marry , if they would go and get married and was allowed like my pastor's does then they will be able to control themselves. Depriving a man to have a marriage and family is not what any church was created for. This is another reason why I didn't like the Catholic church because they don't allow the priests to have family.