If veganism is just a diet, then…

As far as I know, only Nickelodian argues that Veganism is just a diet. Everyone else here sees it as a lifestyle - maybe even a philosophy.

However, portions of the media use Plant-based and vegan interchangeably. Some of that is understandable because a vegan diet is plant-based.

I actually like it when the word "vegan" pops up in the news. Even if it is used incorrectly and/or without the modifier "diet" attached to it. For a long time, the word "vegan" was like a bad word.

I have mixed feeling about the words "ethical vegan" and "dietary vegan". IMHO, all vegans are ethical vegans and if you say "dietary vegan" you should just say "plant-based". I would think that would be more clear and concise. We don't need new extra labels. The old ones work just fine.

Although I do like that some of the labels allow for a wider spectrum of vegans. Many people find being fully vegan to be too hard or something. So let them be veganish, or the new one I just heard, a cheagan. A vegan who cheats. Daisy Ridley used that self desciption in an interview.

well being personally heavily involved in PET issues mostly....

I have also to add...that if one accepts veganism is more than just a DIET...,more a PHILOSOPHY...

Then of course we have to describe what vegans own as PETS as "plant based" as of course no one knows the mind of a non human not having the communication skills needed to know that.

In addition...to the HUMANS who are just "plant based" meaning they EAT vegan / plant based but ride horses wear fur coats go to zoos circuses and feed preferred pet prisoners they keep killed by them animals....we have the PETS themselves needing this title of "plant based"

"plant based" covers in fact a "multitude of sins" so it is a far better description to use when uncertain or not really vegan.imho.

If in fact...there were a category of "plant based " in the list of descriptions of the members of this group...one could better understand who was "vegan" or "vegetarian" or "plant based" or "pescaterian" etc