How To Multiquote

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
Reaction score
This forum software isn't set up for multi-quoting. Apparently the developers feel that it makes forums look messy and cluttered and they aren't very interested in introducing it. However double/triple/etc posting also looks messy and cluttered, and many of us prefer multi-quoting when we want to address more than one person at a time.

So there is a way to do it, like so:

Step 1

I want to multi-quote posts #2 and #4 of this thread. The first thing I do is click Reply next to post #2.

13zo9si.jpg

The page will scroll down automatically to the reply box. Scroll back up, and hit reply for post #4.

Step 2

The two posts are now both in your reply box. You can type your responses and Post Reply.

2lto86e.jpg

However, if there are posts you want to quote on another page, you can carry on with the rest of the steps.

Step 3

Highlight the text in your reply box and copy it.

dhe0z7.jpg

Step 4

Go to the next page with replies you want to quote. Hit Reply for those posts as well. They will appear in your reply box again.

2gw8677.jpg

Step 5

Paste your copied text into the reply box too.
xbe0l4.jpg

Step 6

You can repeat steps 3-5 again if there are more pages. When you've finished collecting all the posts together, enter your replies and press Post Reply.
2jbuots.jpg

It all makes sense!
But I'm going to shake a fist at the developers, anyway. 'Cause they have made it a pain in the butt. :brood:

Reactions: thefadedone
^ Yeah completely, also if I multi-quote I usually pick out the bits I refer to neaten it up anyway.

Thanks for this! I always preferred to multiquote instead of constantly having to open a new reply box for each quote.

The first 2 steps look simple. After that, forget it. Too much work. :p

Reactions: thefadedone
Thanks for this, Lord Snot. If you use Tapatalk (latest version) on a smartphone, there is a multi-quote feature there that can be used as well.