How to make vegan meat mince with texture like paste

JinJoes

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
Hi I am new here, new to vegan diet and I have a question about making vegan mince - I have experience in making seitan with the washing method. I am very happy with it, I even made my own ribs and chicken portions that has 'skin' but I am stuck with mince.
Does anyone know how to make the mince texture like a paste? So that I can do dishes like stuffed pepper and dumpling (for the fillings). The soy mince that you get from the shop is good for dishes like spaghetti bolognese but not sticky enough.
I wonder if it will work if I can blend the seitan (before you cook it when it is still very sticky and elastic) with something to make it paste like.
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Jin

Hi I am new here, new to vegan diet and I have a question about making vegan mince - I have experience in making seitan with the washing method. I am very happy with it, I even made my own ribs and chicken portions that has 'skin' but I am stuck with mince.
Does anyone know how to make the mince texture like a paste? So that I can do dishes like stuffed pepper and dumpling (for the fillings). The soy mince that you get from the shop is good for dishes like spaghetti bolognese but not sticky enough.
I wonder if it will work if I can blend the seitan (before you cook it when it is still very sticky and elastic) with something to make it paste like.
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Jin

I think that you mean a mince mixture that is similar to a stuffing? I usually add finely chopped (using a FP) vegetables such as onions or shallots and mushrooms plus a binder e.g. either pureed green lentils/chickpeas/butternut squash or pureed tofu.

Reactions: Mufflon
I think that you mean a mince mixture that is similar to a stuffing? I usually add finely chopped (using a FP) vegetables such as onions or shallots and mushrooms plus a binder e.g. either pureed green lentils/chickpeas/butternut squash or pureed tofu.
Great idea, I will defo try it out thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
This is a really good base recipe, very quick, easy, and cheap--
Simmer 1 part red lentils in 2 parts seasoned water or broth for 18 min.
(add garlic, onion, spices)
Turn off heat and stir in half the quantity of bulgar as you used lentils. Cover and let sit, the bulgar will cook in residual heat