How To Eat Vegan For A Week And Love It

Werewolf Girl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/how-to-eat-vegan-for-a-week-and-love-it

enhanced-buzz-9502-1354056712-0.jpg

I am loving the vegan stuff on Buzzfeed lately! This is a great guide for people starting out and there are a lot of delicious looking recipes. That chocolate avocado cake looks weird but intriguing...

Reactions: PiSis and Freesia
I actually stumbled to that earlier, totally by accident as I wasn't aware of that website before.

Some really good looking recipes in there. Hubby wants to try the Chocolate Mousse.

What a fabulous link including some healthy recipes that I have bookmarked. There are lots
of wholefoods which I already enjoy on a daily basis.
I have already seen a similar avocado and chocolate recipe on the River Cottage series which I am
dying to try one of these day.

Thanks for posting.:smitten:

I checked out the link to the eggless mayonaise (aioli) at the "Vegans Eat Pencil Shavings" website, but I think there's a mistake in the recipe:

2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
juice of one lemon
1 cup of good olive oil, approximately
Salt
Directions:
1) Place garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor. Blend for a minute or two, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spoon.
2) Leave the food processor on and gradually add olive oil in a thin stream. The sauce should emulsify and thicken up. Season with salt and pepper.

I think the first line of the recipe should read, "place garlic, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice in food processor..." but I'm not sure. I only have a blender but I'm gonna try this. I miss mayonaise, especially in the summer when it's fresh tomato (sandwich) season. (although, admittedly, fresh grown tomatoes can make anything taste pretty good, even without mayo or veganaise.)

(Gotta love the names of some of these Vegan recipe websites: "Vegan Hedonism", "Hezbollah Tofu", "Vegans Eat Pencil Shavings"...

Hmmnm... No soymillk?
I used olive oil once and it was just so...heavy? I remember it seeming too oily, and I like the flavor of olive oil. I use veg oil and soymilk--
1 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup plain soymilk
whatever spices
and 2 teas. apple cider vinegar slowly whizzed in.

I always read the vinegar got drizzled in but now see recipes saying the oil gets drizzled in.

I have Earth Balance original mayo 'cause it had a coupon and sale. It's good, but grapeseed Vegannaise is the best!

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Just a head's up that not all the links lead to vegan only sites. Some of the recipes on those sites aren't vegan. They can be easily veganized though.

duly bookmarked.
mmmm, that chocolate avocado cake looks yummy. who'da thunk it?