How to Discuss Veganism with Non-Vegans ?

I am the only vegan of my friends and while they all support my choices and encourage me by making sure there are options when we eat out, share vegan news to me about veganism and whatnot, I sometimes struggle to talk and justify veganism to non-vegans without feeling judgemental towards them. If I explain that I do not agree with the unnecessary slaughter of animals, they are taken back and become defensive. Its makes me feel like I am pushing my morals onto them and I struggle to explain why I am vegan without guilting them for eating meat? Are there any tips for sharing my thoughts on veganism without starting an argument?
I’m not vegan but I really really love my farm animals I rescue animals with my dad from slaughter houses I am trying to go vegan now here’s my late night snack right now 8DEF455B-14A9-447A-A2B4-092746AA14A7.jpeg

I am the only vegan of my friends and while they all support my choices and encourage me by making sure there are options when we eat out, share vegan news to me about veganism and whatnot, I sometimes struggle to talk and justify veganism to non-vegans without feeling judgemental towards them. If I explain that I do not agree with the unnecessary slaughter of animals, they are taken back and become defensive. Its makes me feel like I am pushing my morals onto them and I struggle to explain why I am vegan without guilting them for eating meat? Are there any tips for sharing my thoughts on veganism without starting an argument?

I am nonvegan but i was vegan for a while (i ate eggs). but i was not well so i stopped being vegan (i had acid issues with my stomack from not eating meat). so it is not only a choice some are pressed to keep eating meat.

one thought comes to mind, what Morgue advocates to be transitional so as to eat less meat. that way if we can convince more people to eat less meat and eat variable others and to drink protein shakes we can avoid the slaughter of numerous animals, but if we tried convincing them to full veganism and failing to do so we wouldnt have this option.

although i am doubting that it would work.
my view on animals: if they fight one another for reproductive rights with bloody violence and if the female animals just standing by accepting the fight, then they are primitive animals and maybe eaten (except for pets of course).

but if i could be i would be vegan and eating only eggs of chickens and slaughtering roosters before old age and consuming dairy regularly should be only for the elite class of the nation.

vegans don't eat eggs, milk or any other animal product. you were vegetarian. Vegetarians eat milk and egg, but no meat at all. Not even fish.
people don't let cows or hens grow to old age for a reason. They stop producing as much, so it costs them more money to keep them alive. it wouldn't make sense if they have to mass produce milk and eggs for everyone to let the animals grow old. If a chicken was born a male, then it would probably be killed at birth. They don't need roosters as much as they need hens. They keep the cost low for animal products at the cost of the animal's quality of life.
Animals can't be treated as a product, ethically. Not when it's going to be mass produced. If people were to try, the cost will skyrocket. That's why people choose to be vegans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sax and Emma JC