How to appeal to conservative Christians?

If you don't believe it here is some documentation for it..

Certain animals eaten for believed benefits:

Google image search: Animal sacrifice
not sure how thats relevant... I care much more about the systematic slaughter of billions of individuals, sure the thousands that are fetishized by religion are morally valuable too but its just not in proportion ...
giphy.gif
the majority of the animals killed are from christians in the west, developing countries are suppose to be more plant based because in the real world plants are more economical

This may not be a community, or it may be one, I'm not sure. But I know it's a website with tons of Christian vegan content that has been around forever...
sure, there are individuals that have made the dance work for them, this woman is probably the most influential vegan christian in the world
https://www.ourhenhouse.org/2018/01/copy-episode-419-scientist-loves-fish-filmmakers-behind-kangaroo/
I very much want her to be successful but we wouldnt be justified in holding our breathe
Yeah but we have a moral obligation to live near the agricultural system... you cant knowingly put yourself on a desert island and say welp, time to start eating the children...
Pretty sure thats not how it went for the millions of christians who have already heard the argument and have yet to go vegan all these years later... It really is like Jesus has created this type of social nihilism where nothing actually matters because all you have to do is ask for forgiveness...

Yeah but we have a moral obligation to live near the agricultural system... you cant knowingly put yourself on a desert island and say welp, time to start eating the children...

People living in our society have an opportunity to easily live a more compassionate life that an elderly, indigenous, circumplolar person living on tribal lands and completely dependent on members of their family for survival, for example, does not have. An old person like that may have a moral obligation to move, just as I have a moral obligation to grow all my own food, make all my own clothes and household goods or buy them second hand, bicycle everywhere instead of drive, donate to various charities, not use electricity so as to save the carbon and many other things I don't do but should. So my strategy just bypasses moral obligation and is about gratitude for the opportunity to live more compassionately. If the opportunity isn't siezed upon, it could be regretted someday.

This may not be a community, or it may be one, I'm not sure. But I know it's a website with tons of Christian vegan content that has been around forever...

Here is my current strategy for dealing with conservative Christians. When I say that I mean ones who will not hear of a vegan Jesus. I am simply going to rejoice in their presence that I am lucky enough to follow a vegan diet due to me living in a society where it is possible, rather than in say some subarctic society, or similar, where it is not possible to survive on a vegan diet due to the unavailability of plant foods. Then they will say "Well, I'm not going to take advantage of my opportunity to live a more compassionate life, because Jesus didn't." And then I'll say "Okay, to each their own." And then after I leave they'll be thinking about it, and it will gnaw at them.
Thank you for that link. I'm not sure it's a community either but it's an interesting resource.

Thank you for that link. I'm not sure it's a community either but it's an interesting resource.

Here is a list of vegan churches. The All-Creatures.org Home Church is one. I think that means they have the services in the pastor's house. The church atrended by the conservative Christians I know is like that, and a lot of the new progressive Christian churches do that - services in people's houses.

A fallen world is the opposite of the Messianic age, where evil has triumphed over the good...
As if theres no way to argue against faith that jesus will be the messiah without triggering this immediate shut off from way too many people... as a christian you believe its this future event, an apocalypse-exodus brought about by a messiah "with a master plan" to deliver his people to the promised land where good has triumphed over evil and essentially all others are forsaken...
I am arguing you cant get animal agriculture without faith... what do these people actually tell themselves about the world? We need to be honest about that if we want to overthrow this paradigm...
Slaughterhouse owners... most of them are conservative christian... to suggest the best and only route to getting them to go vegan would be a vegan church instead of a more fundamental worldview re-examination... watch that kill counter, how could christianity be true and be wrong about something so fundamental for so long... what a joke, your thing isnt serious if youre saying that can still make sense
killCounter.gif

Last edited: