How could you make vegan healthy hard candies?

Datel

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
How could one make vegan (or even better raw food), "healthy" / "not unhealthy" hard candies / hard sweets / drops? Liquorice candies would be best.

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
How could one make vegan (or even better raw food), "healthy" / "not unhealthy" hard candies / hard sweets / drops? Liquorice candies would be best.
Best healthy sweets, close to the soft liquorice, would be dried fruit without added sugar!
I used to get dried mango from Trader Joes--so very good! Dates, pineapple. Pureed fruit that is dehydrated into fruit leather.

I can't see anyway to make hard candy healthy, as it's made from heating pure sugar.

Thank you very much for the great links! Yes, sugar free would be the best, indeed. I guess candies with processed sugar can't be described as "healthy".

Best healthy sweets, close to the soft liquorice, would be dried fruit without added sugar!
I used to get dried mango from Trader Joes--so very good! Dates, pineapple. Pureed fruit that is dehydrated into fruit leather.
The best (almost or a little further away) hard "candies" I've managed so far was simple dried banana slices.

I can't see anyway to make hard candy healthy, as it's made from heating pure sugar.
Yes, I suppose that's the problem/contradiction with it.