Hi everyone

Welcome! :D Your concern about friends and family members being annoying when it comes to vegetarianism definitely isn't something unique to Iran. People are crazy about this everywhere, unfortunately. :rolleyes:
thank you , I always thought it may not be the same in different countries .... it's surely not, but apparently the whole attitude is kind of the same all over the world !

Hi and welcome Majid :)....maybe you know of these places ....it looks beautiful decor , beautiful people and beautiful food .

also this guy seems to be in the know
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293998-i9139-k6830113-Vegetarian_food-Iran.html

thank you dear , yes i have tried some of them and the first one is actually close to our house that i eat there approximately twice in a month .
and yes he is . most of iranians are warm to foreigners . that our instinct :)
where are you from ? and are you really 113? :D how your relations get along with you being vegetarian/vegan ?!

:wave: Hello again.

I invite you to come over the chat thread. It's for random chat. We have fun chatting every day about different things. You can talk about whatever you want or join an existing conversation. You can start from the beginning of the thread or jump in at the end. Read as much as you want. We start a new thread every month. http://forum.veggieviews.com/thread...ith-us-december-2013.3328/page-24#post-159070

'and are you really 113? :D
.... actually , my birthday is next month so that brings me up to 104:D

'where are you from'
...New Zealand , we call it 'Down Under'

'how your relations get along with you being vegetarian/vegan
' ....Very good , (some are vegetarian anyway) both relations and friends they are very careful with what they serve me :).

'one is actually close to our house that i eat there approximately twice in a month
' ...You are so lucky to have a veggie restaurant so close . Have you ever taken your relatives along to the restaurant, for a birthday celebration or whatever . I have done that and they look around and say "oh they are people just normal like me ";)

Do you cook at home ....maybe you could prepare a veggie dish for everyone once a week (with some ingredients that they like) and see how that works out .

In the beginning if someone asked why don't i eat meat , I just use to say "because I don't like meat " . That use to keep them quite .
Over time , i just developed calm respectful honest replies and if someone doesn't like it ...its their problem , not mine .

:)

Reactions: Amy SF
.... actually , my birthday is next month so that brings me up to 104:D

...New Zealand , we call it 'Down Under'

' ....Very good , (some are vegetarian anyway) both relations and friends they are very careful with what they serve me :).

' ...You are so lucky to have a veggie restaurant so close . Have you ever taken your relatives along to the restaurant, for a birthday celebration or whatever . I have done that and they look around and say "oh they are people just normal like me ";)

Do you cook at home ....maybe you could prepare a veggie dish for everyone once a week (with some ingredients that they like) and see how that works out .

In the beginning if someone asked why don't i eat meat , I just use to say "because I don't like meat " . That use to keep them quite .
Over time , i just developed calm respectful honest replies and if someone doesn't like it ...its their problem , not mine .

:)

1. I'm happy to have a friend from New Zealand.
2. good for you . that's an important item for every vegetarian/vegan
3. yes i have and they liked the food and the place but it has never made any one of them vegetarian/vegan. the birthday suggestion is a great idea . i think i'm gonna do that :)
4. i cook as much as i can but i don't have a lot of leisure time .... every time i cooked sth vegetarian they absolutely liked it but again it didn't turn them vegetarian . they all went " although it doesn't contain any meet it's still delicious" :D