Hi everyone

:welcome: Welcome to Veggie Views! And congrats on making the switch to vegetarianism! And from somebody in Iran! Is vegetarianism uncommon in Iran?
I'm afraid so . although i have no clue about the other countries to make a good comparison but i think it must be more common in a country than it is now in Iran :| .
for example when my friends find out that i have became vegetarian they panic and immidiately say : "what do you gain protein from?" and these other kind of questions . fortunately my parents were absolutely tolerant of my choice .
the other difficulty is that you can barely find vegetarian and organic restaurants and supermarkets . in university i have to bring launch for myself most of the days .
but looking at the bright side , it's slowly getting more common fortunately :)
BTW thanks for your attention Amy . where are you from ? what about your country ?

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I'm afraid so . although i have no clue about the other countries to make a good comparison but i think it must be more common in a country than it is now in Iran :| .
for example when my friends find out that i have became vegetarian they panic and immidiately say : "what do you gain protein from?" and these other kind of questions . fortunately my parents were absolutely tolerant of my choice .
the other difficulty is that you can barely find vegetarian and organic restaurants and supermarkets . in university i have to bring launch for myself most of the days .
but looking at the bright side , it's slowly getting more common fortunately :)
BTW thanks for your attention Amy . where are you from ? what about your country ?

Santa Monica, Los Angeles, California, USA. We have a lot of Iranians in the Los Angeles area. In fact, my nephew is married to a girl from an Iranian family. :)

Santa Monica, Los Angeles, California, USA. We have a lot of Iranians in the Los Angeles area. In fact, my nephew is married to a girl from an Iranian family. :)
Wow ... i can't say i'm not surprised :D
yes there are a lot of iranians in LA .
my brother is in america as well . he's about to start his PhD in arizona state , Phoenix . and i have plans to apply for my M.S for the next year
who knows ? maybe we'll have a chance to meet each other someday
:)

Reactions: Amy SF