Hey, gamers! Whatcha playin'?

I came across this in my Steam "Discovery Queue"... doubt I'll even play the free demo, but the name cracked me up....

Well, I was just notified that The Dream Machine (Chapter 1 & 2) on my wishlist is on sale for only 99¢! Yup, I'm gettin' it right now! :D

I played a demo for this many years ago... thought it was so beautifully done....

Downloaded/downloading a few Steam demos... Shardlight, Stories Untold, 2064: Read Only Memories, & Harold: An Interactive Period Drama....

My old tribe on ark died so I joined a new one. Sad feeling, I just let the generators run out and the dinos are going to die because I'm tired of maintaining a huge base when the tribe isn't coming on.
Can't transfer the dinos over because I went from official to unofficial. Unofficial is much better if you're not a part of an alpha tribe or at least allied with them. On official they have no mercy for new players, but I got lucky, we allied with alpha tribes pretty fast. Though that tribe is dead now. We never even got to do cool things like boss fights, but I do boss fights with my new tribe.
The second day I come to unofficial, I meet this tribe that gave me drakes and let me hatch it at their base. It took us months to get drakes on official. Started helping them because that was really nice of them to help us out like that, then we merged up :)
On official, they like to raid and wipe new people, so they aren't a threat to them later.

Last edited:
Having quite a fun time playing The Next BIG Thing.... Admittedly, had to dig up a walkthrough to help get me out of a couple snags....

The-Next-Big-Thing.jpg

I go browsing through Steam's free games about once a month & I always find a bunch of them that seem super cool... then I notice they're VR. :pout:

ETA: But I did download these two quick freebies....

Last edited:
was thinking of ways to troll people on ark, like building a base around their base so they can never leave. if it worked out as planned, they would wake up one day and wonder why they can’t leave their base and find out someone else’s base pretty much swallowed theirs.

only the 3 most important things in life, no wonder people think i’m nuts :D

I was asked to become a moderator on an unofficial ark server I’ve been playing on for months, I am a mod now :cool:
at the same time it’s also scary, this is all new to me. The good thing is even though admins can’t pick fights, mods can. We as a tribe usually wait until provoked to attack but that won’t always be true

yep we’re trying to make the rules better for the server. They want to get rid of raid immunity completely, and make it tier based. I think there should be some sort of immunity, even if it’s just two weeks so people aren’t getting griefed every day.
It’s kinda cool having mod powers in game, will do my best not to abuse any of it. The temptation is there but I gotta be good :p
It isn’t clear what the best type of rules is going to be, they want a higher population but I don’t know if this is the answer. A lot of people quit because they were foundation wiped. If both tribes had to agree to a war I think it would be good, I think it would encourage more real pvp instead of wait until they’re offline and steal their goodies. As an ark player my worst fear is logging in and seeing that all our bases are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
I was asked to become a moderator on an unofficial ark server I’ve been playing on for months, I am a mod now :cool:
at the same time it’s also scary, this is all new to me. The good thing is even though admins can’t pick fights, mods can. We as a tribe usually wait until provoked to attack but that won’t always be true
Congratulations! :up:

I've been playing Awakening Kingdoms for a short bit (Big Fish Games download)... it's one of those earn-it-or-not HO/puzzle/simulation/build-it type things... different "quests".... I do this from time to time, until I run out of coins/gems 'cuz then they want you to actually buy stuff with real money. :p

Then I uninstall & find another in a few weeks.... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Val