Help for Cat in E-Collar

Renee1

Rawry
Reaction score
Our kitty has OCD and it's gotten so bad he's developed sores on his tummy. The hair on his inner legs is almost gone, as well. He has some other behavioural issues, which the cone should help reset. The plan is to use it until the hair grows back (with freedom when we can keep our eyes peeled on him).

Is there anything we can do for him to make him feel better in it? It's really not clear how long he'll be in it, so it's important he adjust.

When pixel had her collar, I found she needed lots of extra affection to calm her down, and help eating because she couldn't figure out cone + bowl. So I would pet her head at feeding time and then hold the bowls steady so she could position herself. Also I would let her eat dry food from my hand because she seemed to prefer it that way.

Hope your furbaby gets better!

Poor kitty. I've needed to used them many times, and each cat reacted differently. With some wearing it was like a force field- they moved slowly, and didn't do much. Others went crazy and one broke it darting through the bannisters!. Because they can't use their whiskers it must be pretty freaky!
Do you have just one cat, or does it have a buddy?
I'd take it off whenever I was with them.

Has anyone tried the soft kind? They get such mixed reviews on amazon.

When pixel had her collar, I found she needed lots of extra affection to calm her down, and help eating because she couldn't figure out cone + bowl. So I would pet her head at feeding time and then hold the bowls steady so she could position herself. Also I would let her eat dry food from my hand because she seemed to prefer it that way.

Hope your furbaby gets better!
We're going to have to figure out feeding time! He's alllll about the attention, so we'll really have to lay it on now.
Poor kitty. I've needed to used them many times, and each cat reacted differently. With some wearing it was like a force field- they moved slowly, and didn't do much. Others went crazy and one broke it darting through the bannisters!. Because they can't use their whiskers it must be pretty freaky!
Do you have just one cat, or does it have a buddy?
I'd take it off whenever I was with them.

Has anyone tried the soft kind? They get such mixed reviews on amazon.
So far, it's acting like a force field. He's a really chewy cat and can't take affection unless he can chew on your hand - not now!

He has a buddy, yeah, but that's his other issue: he beats her up. He likes to attack her. They're sitting together right now. She seems relieved he's out of commission.

I have no advice, other than to say, poor kitty...I guess I've been lucky I've never had to use one with my cats, at least not for the last 15 years or so. I hope he doesn't have to wear it for too long and that he at least adjusts to it quickly.