Hello!!!!

Corinne

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
  2. Vegetarian
So I've been vegetarian for over a year now. July 1St was a year, and I've been pork free for 2 years. While I don't consume dairy milk or yogurt and rarely have eggs I haven't fully made the commitment to go vegan, but I decided tonight to stop putting it off and just be the person I want to be. I'm Looking for a group of people who I can turn to for advice and support and understanding. I am a 26 year old mother of a 6 year old boy and I'm training, slowly, for a half marathon in March! Very excited to be here!

Reactions: mckinnon100
Welcome! As a 3 year vegan I can tell you it is perfectly normal for the process to be a journey and not an overnight thing. Lots of vegan groups on social media sites seem to shame people who transition, so that's why I joined up here. It's not about being a perfect person, it's about growing and learning and finding ways to make the world a better place, so congrats for taking those steps!

Reactions: Corinne
Thank you! I've been telling myself for a while that I'm transitioning without changing anything so I am now activiley making choices to avoid things, like pizza, that I wasn't before. But it's nice to have support because I know it's a process and I have a lot to learn. That's why I came here too! Seems very friendly!