gjclayton

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all.

I'm new here.

38 year old male living in London, UK.
I've been vegan with my partner now for a good few years.
For the most part I really enjoy it and London is one of the best places to be a vegan in terms of restaurants and shopping etc.

I am burning out a bit at the moment however, I'm looking to ditch my cravings for artificially sweetened foods and wanting to "try" to adopt a more whole foods plant based diet.
Here for inspiration and advice so I can bolster my discipline and develop some healthy habits!

Thanks so much!

GJC

welcome to the forum... may you find inspiration here!

I find that whole foods is really all about the spices - spice whole foods with the tastes that you crave.

What foods in particular are you trying to dump?

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou and gjclayton
@gjclayton we have several food and recipe inspired threads.
Supper/Dinner Time is very popular. so is Whatcha Eating.

Not everyone here is WFPB (or even completely vegan) but there are tons of good stuff in those. You won't have to scroll down far to spot a good one. You might want to start keeping a list. or use your bookmarks.

Plenty of inspiration just in those threads.

Plus we have the Recipes Forum. Its way at the bottom but don't miss the External Recipe Videos & Links
thread. It's my favorite.

My favorite new thing is CopyMeThat. Its an app/webiste/tool for keeping track of recipes. You should check out my page. I'm Lou2005 over there. All vegan. Mostly WFPB.

I used to drink artificially sweetened pop years back, when I quit, and quit all artificial sweeteners, when I tried them again they tasted so horrid! I can't even have anything with just a little of any of them, unfortunately, stevia and mond fruit sweeteners taste just as bad to me

What I do love, is making date paste and keeping a tub in the freezer. Pit the dates (I use medjool) cover with hot water and let soften a bit, then blend till smooth. You can adjust how thick or thin you like, I like it to be pretty thick, which is enough water to cover them. In the fridge it should last about a week, in the freezer however, it will last a good long time and it's still spoonable.
I use date paste to sweeten most everything- oats or other cooked grain I have for breakfast
in recipes
to make energy balls with nut butters, oat flour, cocoa, hemp hearts....
added to homemade soy yogurt
It's weird added to tea or coffee, but good for hot cocoa with non dairy milk

Thanks so much Silva. Really useful advice and tips. I love dates so I'll be trying to drop some of this in my life!

Reactions: Emma JC