Hello.

HungryPenguin

Munchee Chickadee
Reaction score
Hi, I am Bree. I never really know what to write in these intros, but I'm going to give it my best. If I leave anything important out, just ask.

I am not new to vegetarianism/veganism. In fact, I've been vegetarian several times, and vegan once before. I live in the South, where everything is made with bacon, so I used that as my excuse to give up my attempts. I guess I thought, "Oh, the animals will understand how hard it is for me to be vegan here, so it'll be fine." I recently started reading more health studies about how meat really is junk and crud in our bodies and I also watched another one of those "Shock and Horror: Factory Farming" videos. I was doing fine, explaining it all away (ex. it's not my fault, I'm not slaughtering them, it's not me in there), until they showed them hurting babies. That got to me, and I broke. I questioned myself and all my choices. I had to go vegan if I was ever going to look my pets in the face again.

So, here I am. I've been vegetarian, mostly vegan, for five days now! It really doesn't sound that awesome outside of my head. Anyway, I feel great, both physical health wise and inner peace wise. My skin has also cleared up a lot, even under my bangs. My sinuses and tummy have also felt tons better without the dairy.

Now for a little bit of personal info (don't worry; I'll keep it short). I am a high school senior, starting back in August. I have three cats and two ferrets, so my house is a zoo. My boyfriend, J, is not vegetarian or vegan, but he is highly supportive and willing to try my vegan food, so long as it's not eggplant or fake meat. He's a work in progress. ;) I live with my mom, who also posts here, which makes me feel very un-cool, but I'll live. My mom is SquarePeg on here (I think, I'll edit later if I'm wrong). I am very into finding natural ways to do things that corporations tell us you need chemicals for, and I'm a bit crazy about limiting sodium intake. Other than those two little girl-on-a-mission pet projects, I'm pretty normal. I'm just like every other vegetarian, wanna-be vegan, liberal, ferret-owning, punk-rock-loving, anti-hunting, agnostic, hot tea-drinking, girl in the South.

Come to think of it, though ... There may only be one of us.

-Bree