Hello!

SaraLynn

Newcomer
Reaction score
Good Morning All!

After watching the Earthlings documentary and attending my first ever Cleveland VegFest, I'm only 3 weeks into this brand new world they call veganism and trying my best to navigate my way through it. My fiance and children are all on board, so we're working on this together, but we don't have any other friends or family to guide us through.

I'm finding there to be SO much conflicting information out there and I'm just hoping to meet some nice vegans to talk to. :) From our family and friends, we've been getting the typical responses.... "Why would you want to do that?" "No one's going to eat the food at your wedding now" and my favorite... "You're so extreme. That's going overboard."

I try my best to not discuss our new choice to avoid the judgement and degrading comments, but it sure would be nice to be able to openly talk about it and learn from other people who have experienced all of this before.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Welcome on board, Sara, and congratulations on your decision!

You're lucky to have your spouse & children on your side - some vegans are completely on their own.

The Internet is full of information and disinformation, so the trick is to figure out which are trustworthy and which are less so. I find it's best to rely on sources that are truly science-based and at the same time not on the payroll of powerful industries with an agenda one way or the other.

Hopefully your family and friends will calm down a bit once they've had some time to digest the news.

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, SaraLynn. My family and friends haven't given me grief about my food- they've been supportive. But almost all the vegetarians and vegans I know are people I've met in vegetarian groups. I hope people you know become more supportive, or at least more tolerant. They probably will.