Hello Everyone

spottygiraffe

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Hello All

My name's Sarah and I'm new to the forum. I live in France with my family and far too many 'companion animals'. I was veggie for many years in my teens and twenties then went back to eating meat for a while but I never felt happy about it and I made the decision this year to give up all animal products. I don't think I can call myself a vegan just yet because I keep making the odd mistake (like eating shop-bought salad dressing with fish sauce in it) and I feel bad refusing food that other people have put thought into (like the mince pie my friend made for me with veggie suet but with half butter/half margarine pastry). I'm really looking forward to meeting like-minded people and finding out how to make fewer mistakes! I'm into running and triathlon too, so I'm hoping there might be some other plant-fuelled sports enthusiasts to share nutrition tips with :wave:

Thank you for the very warm welcome, everyone. Indian Summer, I used to live in Brighton and we moved to near Toulouse 9 years ago. France has always been a bit of a nightmare for veggies unless you like omelettes for every meal, but it's getting better!

Thank you for the very warm welcome, everyone. Indian Summer, I used to live in Brighton and we moved to near Toulouse 9 years ago. France has always been a bit of a nightmare for veggies unless you like omelettes for every meal, but it's getting better!
I've been to Brighton - quite a good place for vegans, I seem to remember. Vegetarian Shoes have their main shop there as well. And I've been to France many times ... I can see how living there could be challenging w.r.t. food. Nicer weather though, I think, especially there in the south?

Brighton is a brilliant place for vegans -quite a contrast. Food for Friends is one of the best veggie restaurants I've been to. As for France, eating out is the only stumbling block these days because there are some decent health food stores popping up and of course there is the market culture so it's easy to find local and organic produce. Weather is quite extreme -too hot in summer and too cold in winter!

:wave:and welcome to VV.

Brighton is a brilliant place for vegans -quite a contrast. Food for Friends is one of the best veggie restaurants I've been to.

Brighton is awesome, so many veg/vegan-friendly places and such a relaxed vibe too.:) Sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel bad about leaving there.:oops::D