Hello everyone, I'm new!

AllyJ

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am new here from Florida
Hello, hope I'm in the right section for introductions.
I'm new on the site. I've been vegan for 2 years, I'm thankfully one of three in my family.
Live in the UK and I'm a Barber and mature student.
Would be great to chat to other vegans in the world.
Regards Ally. X

Hello, hope I'm in the right section for introductions.
I'm new on the site. I've been vegan for 2 years, I'm thankfully one of three in my family.
Live in the UK and I'm a Barber and mature student.
Would be great to chat to other vegans in the world.
Regards Ally. X
Welcome aboard.

Where is FIFE? what are you studying?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Fife is on the East cost of Scotland, UK and I'm studying Social Sciences:).
Welcome @AllyJ ! I live on that little island next to yours - Ireland!!
Years back I traveled around a bit of Scotland I especially enjoyed the islands - Mull, Sky, Iona...
The area I know best is Inverness and around the Moray firth....

Welcome @AllyJ ! I live on that little island next to yours - Ireland!!
Years back I traveled around a bit of Scotland I especially enjoyed the islands - Mull, Sky, Iona...
The area I know best is Inverness and around the Moray firth....
Oh very cool, I'm actually from Wales originally. My daughter and I were lucky and had a 4 day visit Belfast way 2019. Ireland is a beautiful country.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Oh very cool, I'm actually from Wales originally. My daughter and I were lucky and had a 4 day visit Belfast way 2019. Ireland is a beautiful country.
Yes, Ireland is beautiful...
I am from the USA originally -Northern California, the San Francisco bay area...However, lived almost half my life in the South of France...

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
How did you and your daughter end up moving to Scotland?

Hi Ally, and welcome! I so want to visit Scotland someday. I have been to Ireland and just loved it!
I'm from Connecticut in the USA. :)

You've been so fortunate to experience such lovely locations.
Yes, I have led an eclectic life...
Your avatar is So cute @AllyJ ! Donkeys are Very special creatures and my name is Robin so of course I have a soft spot for them...

Hey @PTree15 where have you been to in Ireland?
Hi! I've been mostly to the Southwest region. It was so beautiful there. It was a hiking trip. Ten days of glorious walks. We of course hit the Cliffs of Moher (had to do some touristy things, haha) and Dingle (which was absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of Maine). We did parts of The Burren and we took a canoe trip to a castle (I forget which town). We also went to Limerick and Lisdoonvarna.

Reactions: AllyJ and 1956
Hello and welcome!
I’m “next door” to PTree in Connecticut USA. 😁

Reactions: AllyJ
Hi! I've been mostly to the Southwest region. It was so beautiful there. It was a hiking trip. Ten days of glorious walks. We of course hit the Cliffs of Moher (had to do some touristy things, haha) and Dingle (which was absolutely beautiful. It reminded me of Maine). We did parts of The Burren and we took a canoe trip to a castle (I forget which town). We also went to Limerick and Lisdoonvarna.
Sounds like a great visit! I too have been to all of those places... Especially Dingle, my husband was from Tralee so Dingle wasn’t a long drive from his mom’s house, we went there often...
We met in California and 2 years later moved to Ireland... We drove across the US flying out of Boston...We did spend a day in Connecticut and about a week in New Hampshire at a Beautiful little Vegan farm and a week at his brother’s place outside Boston... I have some very special memories from that trip...

• Friendly
Reactions: Second Summer
Sounds like a great visit! I too have been to all of those places... Especially Dingle, my husband was from Tralee so Dingle wasn’t a long drive from his mom’s house, we went there often...
We met in California and 2 years later moved to Ireland... We drove across the US flying out of Boston...We did spend a day in Connecticut and about a week in New Hampshire at a Beautiful little Vegan farm and a week at his brother’s place outside Boston... I have some very special memories from that trip...
It was wonderful. It's in my top three vacations. I remember sticking my feet in the water in Dingle and our Irish guide was like, it's sooooo cooooold. The water was probably 60 degrees or so, which for a New Englander is nippy, but still swimmable. :D If I'd had a bathing suit, I would have jumped right in! :D That's cool about your husband! New Hampshire is another beautiful state. I love the mountains there. Connecticut has some gorgeous areas, too. The northern half of the state is beautiful, but the beaches are so-so, IMHO. I'm spoiled by the beaches in Rhode Island (my home state). :D

Reactions: 1956
How did you and your daughter end up moving to Scotland?
I moved here when I was nine with my family, I just never moved back :). So what gave you the opportunity to live in those lovely places?

Hi Ally, and welcome! I so want to visit Scotland someday. I have been to Ireland and just loved it!
I'm from Connecticut in the USA. :)
Thankyou ptree, it is lovely here. Connecticut must be lovely too, I've visited a few places in the US (pre covid) but not your neck of the woods.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Yes, I have led an eclectic life...
Your avatar is So cute @AllyJ ! Donkeys are Very special creatures and my name is Robin so of course I have a soft spot for them...
They are amazing aren't they . Just love all critters hello Robin great to meet you, I'm Alison but usually get called Ally.