EU Vegan couple from Italy!

Hello Emma :) I also love aglio & olio, at my own risk because Chiara doesn't like garlic...and that is the reason why I often sleep on the couch :)
We miss a little good cheese but vegan cheese is a valid friend..
We don't know what Nooch is!!! Let's make a little search on web.. it seems interesting, thank you!

my bad, nooch is the short form for nutritional yeast

say what? doesn't like garlic? oh wow, for an Italian that is heresy isn't it? :confused:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: bEt
my bad, nooch is the short form for nutritional yeast

say what? doesn't like garlic? oh wow, for an Italian that is heresy isn't it? :confused:

Emma JC
Thank you Emma, now I understand what is it! Chiara is the cooking expert but I don't know if she ever used it... this evening I will asl her!
Unfortunately she doesn't like the smell (I call it perfume :) and yes it's heresy here... garlic is present in a lot of recipes, mostly in the kitchen of Liguria (the Pesto sauce, for example)

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Hello Chiara & Fabio, great to have you here.

I love Pasta e Ceci, although I understand that this typically also requires cheese.
No problem, I also love it without.
Plus, there are some vegan parmesan alternatives now ...
Hi Andy, thank you very much!
We eat very often Pasta & Ceci, or Pasta & Fagioli (beans) and also Lenticchie (lentils)... fortunately exists vegan cheese, you're absolutely right :)

Hello Emma :) I also love aglio & olio, at my own risk because Chiara doesn't like garlic...and that is the reason why I often sleep on the couch :)
We miss a little good cheese but vegan cheese is a valid friend..
We don't know what Nooch is!!! Let's make a little search on web.. it seems interesting, thank you!
It's funny, but it was later in life that I began to like pasta. when my kids we growing up i'd make it with veggies, but when I started to really like it, and went vegan, I always used meatless meatballs, and only olives!
I love many Italian inspired bean soups, and beans and veg casseroles

Nooch is nutritional yeast

I didn't miss cheese in Italian foods so much, I use a lot of nooch and garlic!
Mexican foods are what really challenge me without cheese

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
I didn't miss cheese in Italian foods so much, I use a lot of nooch and garlic!
Mexican foods are what really challenge me without cheese

Yes and that's why I buy Violife shreds as I can put just a small amount of shreds in my Mexican food without overdoing it - I stopped buying blocks or even slices as it is far too easy to add a lot more that way. I find the orange shreds best for Mexican and the white I use on pizza but will interchange them if I am out of one or the other as it is really the mouth feel that is important for me.

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: bEt and PTree15
I feel so happy to see the multi-lingual greetings! One of my grandparents spoke Italian (and a few other languages). I've never moved past the one.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Hello everybody! We are Chiara and Fabio from Milan, Italy.

I am Chiara, I am vegan since twenty years for etical reasons and lifestyle. I read a lot of book and articles about the reduction of cancer and other diseases chosin vegan diet and I never regret my choice.
I am Fabio, when I met my wife Chiara I wasn't vegan... and I had a lot of health problems as high cholesterol, headaches and other problems for my bad habits. I choose vegan way of life initially at the most for healthy reasons, and thanks to Chiara, who is a great cook, I began to appreciate vegan food and for example I lost 15 kg of weight without any diet, my cholesterol in now good.
We love animals an we have 2 cats on 1 dog.
We are very glad to join this community and we hope to find new friends from all around the world in order to share recipes, lifestyle and suggestions :)
Ciao! Veggiepedia.it is coming soon!

Reactions: bEt
WELCOME! and thank you for caring about animals and being vegan. Congrats to your husband for making a
healthier compassionate choice. I am now in the USA in Florida.
I have been vegan for many years and am the only one in my family. It can be a challenge and isolating.
I have always wanted to visit Italy, such a beautiful country. cheers.