Hello dear vegans

lexAlexa

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I just wanted to say I'm very proud of you 🙂 You are all on the right path and amazing for being able to look beyond what has been normalized and question that.

I have been vegan for three years and a half, plant based four years before that. I am very interested in vegan cooking, and have found a whole new appreciation for food after going vegan.

I will judge those who intentionally try to half-*** their veganism, but failing is understandable as long as the end goal stays noble. 😉🐮❤️

Welcome on board!

How did you discover veganism? What made you decide to go vegan?
Thank you! 🤗 It was actually an article in the newspaper that got me started on a plant based diet. Basically it just made the point that animal agriculture is cruel and we don't even need it, there's plenty of healthier food. After that I began to look into vegan internet communities, and having spent time there, I realized I couldn't stop at a diet. I finally understood just how immorally we treat animals, and how sentinent they are, and how ultimately unnecessary the torture we put them through is.
TL;DR: I arrived through a logical conclusion, but now veganism has my heart. 🙂

Thank you! 🤗 It was actually an article in the newspaper that got me started on a plant based diet.
Me too. I still remember it. It was in December, 20 years ago. Front page news. PETA was suing the California Dairy Board for false advertising. I thought it was curious and interesting and starting to read more about it.

Reactions: lexAlexa