US Guns in the U.S.

I love the books Heinlein wrote. But politically he was all over the map. As he got older he leaned more and more to the right. Although he started off as a Democrat and later identified as a Libertarian, he eventually became very Conservative. IMHO, quoting Heinlein isn't much better than quoting Ronald Regan.

I love the books Heinlein wrote. But politically he was all over the map. As he got older he leaned more and more to the right. Although he started off as a Democrat and later identified as a Libertarian, he eventually became very Conservative. IMHO, quoting Heinlein isn't much better than quoting Ronald Regan.
Just because he was wrong on some things doesn't mean he was a lunatic on all subjects, "I can accept one statement and then reject the next one when spoken by the same mouth" -David Icke

Just because he was wrong on some things doesn't mean he was a lunatic on all subjects, "I can accept one statement and then reject the next one when spoken by the same mouth" -David Icke
Ha! David Icke is worth quoting even less than Heinlein.

• Agree
Reactions: silva

“Facts Are Meaningless. You Could Use Facts To Prove Anything That's Even Remotely True.”​

- Homer Simpson.

:)

Well. Congrats to the US for another mass shooting. I guess some are happy about them, since the need of carry guns everywhere is so important.

Oh no. I hadn't heard about that till you posted.
San Jose is near me. I used to take the VTA to go places in the South Bay.
Still waiting for updates.

We don't get updates on all shootings here in Norway. Someone published a list once, with all the shootings in a year. And we have only heard about some few. :(

This just in

Eight people dead. 7 victims plus the shooter. Speculation is that all of the dead were VTA employees.
The shooter burned down his house before going to the work site and the shooting.

We are supposed to get another update soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Mikkel
This is the fourth mass shooting this year. The most in a year was 12 in 2018.

Mass shootings get a lot of attention but statistically speaking are pretty minor.
There were almost 20,000 gun deaths in 2020. But just 2 mass shootings.

They gives better headlines world wide. It's not possible to post every gun death in the US. You can fill an entire newspaper with only that.

Well. Congrats to the US for another mass shooting. I guess some are happy about them, since the need of carry guns everywhere is so important.
I bet they wouldn't have died if they all had guns to defend themselves.

Really good editorial.
I thought the Chron lived behind a pay wall - but I could read it.
but as usual I'll post my favorite quotes.

Shootings such as the one that killed nine transit workers in San Jose on Wednesday can engender a sense of futility about gun violence. California has the strictest gun laws in the country, according to one analysis, and yet the Bay Area just suffered its deadliest gun massacre to date. What’s the point?​
Such fatalism is understandable in the shadow of an atrocity. It’s also wrong.​
Even in the context of Congressional abdication and judicial overinterpretation of the Second Amendment, regulating guns can reduce their prevalence and the violence associated with them. In addition to some of the nation’s most extensive gun laws, California ranks among the states with the lowest rates of shooting fatalities per capita.​
The average American is about 70% more likely than the average Californian to die by firearm, according to federal statistics. Residents of Wyoming or Alaska — two of the states with the most lax gun laws, according to the San Francisco-based Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence — are about three times more likely to have their lives cut short by bullets.​

Another fine example of a "good guy with a gun taking down a bad guy with a gun........."
....and another fine example of cops in America

• Sad
Reactions: Second Summer
The right to self defense is a natural, unalienable right that should not depend on a person's financial circumstance, therefor it is my opinion that every individual (after passing a background check and gun safety course) who wants to should get a free gun.

The right to self defense is a natural, unalienable right that should not depend on a person's financial circumstance, therefor it is my opinion that every individual (after passing a background check and gun safety course) who wants to should get a free gun.
The gun has only room for one bullet, you get one bullet for free. Additional bullets are $500,000 a piece.

I'd love to laugh at the sarcasm here, but I know it's not :hmm:
Said by the guy against war.....:im:

How exactly do guns factor into primitivism?

How about an equal right to health care, food, housing--or should those people put there free guns to work?

Reactions: Lou