Goya Foods boycott

beforewisdom

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Goya Foods boycott takes off after its CEO praises Trump, refuses to apologize, and double downs on his support for Trump

FYI the CEO of Goy is a billionaire and is from Spain.

Reactions: Emma JC
I don't buy a lot of Goya products anyway because they are on the pricy side. That said, I would boycott. Another example of a tone-deaf billionaire who doesn't really get what's going on outside his little bubble, or worse, doesn't care.

Reactions: Amy SF and Emma JC
I never understood why people buy Goya products.

Every supermarket that sells Goya also sells alternative brands that are significantly cheaper.
Exactly. Most of the store brands fall into that category and are just as good as Goya products.

I've have a jar of Adobe seasoning for maybe 3--4 years! I do use it, it just doesn't ever seem to empty!
I don't buy their products either, they are a bit more. If I did i would stop

I realize you can't do everything, but I do think it's important to do something, even it is picking and choosing

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I've have a jar of Adobe seasoning for maybe 3--4 years! I do use it, it just doesn't ever seem to empty!
I don't buy their products either, they are a bit more. If I did i would stop

I do too. A SMALL jar from another brand I bought when I was working my way through a bean recipe book. A jar of adobe lasts a long time.

I realize you can't do everything, but I do think it's important to do something, even it is picking and choosing

Most vegans loathe Cheeto, and it is easy enough to pick up the store brand of beans in the same aisle as the Goya beans.

I do too. A SMALL jar from another brand I bought when I was working my way through a bean recipe book. A jar of adobe lasts a long time.

Most vegans loathe Cheeto, and it is easy enough to pick up the store brand of beans in the same aisle as the Goya beans.
Well of course, I'd have to argue you can't be vegan and support rump!
My comment was boycotting companies in general for the myriad of reasons.
What mostly comes to mind is how bad I think amazon is--but there are things I do buy there, not only for price and ease, but when I don't know more ethical options- often it would be walmart

@silva I know you’re a fan of Penzeys spices, so I should mention that they do carry Adobo seasoning, if you want to start fresh and buy something from a company that shares your values.

[/QUOTE]

Spices do tend to lose their potency over time, so it’s recommended that one should replace them every so often.
[/QUOTE]
Someone gave me that jar and I don't know if it will ever be emptied! I'm not going to get rid of what I already have.
I've regretted getting rid of old spices. I always come up something after they're gone and regret it, but know I don't need to get them again. I try and get people to trade spices, but no ones taken me up on it.
I miss when my whole foods had more bulk stuff, that's when I went there, and haven't since! They used to have so much!

Someone gave me that jar and I don't know if it will ever be emptied! I'm not going to get rid of what I already have.
I've regretted getting rid of old spices. I always come up something after they're gone and regret it, but know I don't need to get them again. I try and get people to trade spices, but no ones taken me up on it.
I miss when my whole foods had more bulk stuff, that's when I went there, and haven't since! They used to have so much!
Agree on the lack of bulk stuff now. It's gone downhill overall since Amazon took it over. I rarely go there now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calliegirl
Oh yeah, Fresh Thyme had herbs and spices in bulk, but not since this covid stuff. Probably won't come back :(
Aldi has a good selection of herbs spices, but not sage - what's up with that?

Spices do tend to lose their potency over time, so it’s recommended that one should replace them every so often.

One of the best things about co-ops: bulk spice racks.

You can buy tiny amounts so you don't waste your money buying amounts of spices you can't use before they lose their flavor.

I'm amazed at the gigantic bags of spices in Indian stores, knowing that the people who buy really do use THAT much.

Reactions: Lou