Gone off the wagon:(

hippyman

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
It's been awhile since I last posted on here, so I'll catch ya'll up. I want to go vegan for moral and environmental reasons. I tried it for awhile several months ago, but being in texas, and living in a family that doesn't get it, I am sad to say that I have failed. I have become a carnivore again:( Does anyone out there have any ideas as to how to get through a situation like this? I try explaining to them that I don't want to be a part of the cruelty, and the only thing they have said in return is that they're glad I "decided" not to become vegan.

Sometimes it takes a few goes. I can only imagine it must be difficult where you live. When you feel ready give in another go.

I think once you know the truths about vegan diets, the health side, the cruelty to animals it sticks with you so don't feel too bad.

Don't give up hope! I know that feeling of guilt and sadness. I had a similar experience with my own family when I first became a vegetarian. Now it'll be ten years with no meat.
I don't know about your home situation, but if you are of age to do grocery shopping and cook for yourself, give it another go.
Wish you the best!

Going vegan is a great thing for ethical and environmental reasons, I hope you can give it another go. Consider starting with vegetarianism in a place like where you are, and avoiding eggs and dairy where easily possible, and deciding later if you want to become fully vegan.

Whenever i go to family get togethers I bring a cooler with vegan food. They cook their meats and I eat my veggies. Hang in there.