Gone off the wagon:(

hippyman

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
It's been awhile since I last posted on here, so I'll catch ya'll up. I want to go vegan for moral and environmental reasons. I tried it for awhile several months ago, but being in texas, and living in a family that doesn't get it, I am sad to say that I have failed. I have become a carnivore again:( Does anyone out there have any ideas as to how to get through a situation like this? I try explaining to them that I don't want to be a part of the cruelty, and the only thing they have said in return is that they're glad I "decided" not to become vegan.

bratvada

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sometimes it takes a few goes. I can only imagine it must be difficult where you live. When you feel ready give in another go.

I think once you know the truths about vegan diets, the health side, the cruelty to animals it sticks with you so don't feel too bad.

youngbroccoli

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Don't give up hope! I know that feeling of guilt and sadness. I had a similar experience with my own family when I first became a vegetarian. Now it'll be ten years with no meat.
I don't know about your home situation, but if you are of age to do grocery shopping and cook for yourself, give it another go.
Wish you the best!

Jamie in Chile

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Going vegan is a great thing for ethical and environmental reasons, I hope you can give it another go. Consider starting with vegetarianism in a place like where you are, and avoiding eggs and dairy where easily possible, and deciding later if you want to become fully vegan.

SD Joe

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Whenever i go to family get togethers I bring a cooler with vegan food. They cook their meats and I eat my veggies. Hang in there.