GoMacro Bars

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I signed up for Amazon's Free Sample program and got my first free sample yesterday which I promptly ate and then reviewed it.
Amazon.com: Samples

Not sure if there was some luck involved. It was a vegan product. But I'm guessing that by now Amazon knows I am Vegan the same way they know I like Science Fiction.

So this was the GoMacro Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip MacroBar. And it was very reminiscent of the Power Bars I used to take camping and skiing. Really dry but not so bad if you can eat it AND drink a glass of water.

Pretty healthy too. Although it had lots of calories and fat - that's ok. The fat is mostly from peanuts. And if you are out hiking or skiing, you need the calories.

Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Peanut Butter, Organic Protein Blend (Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Pea Protein), Organic Puffed Brown Rice, Organic Fair Trade Chocolate Chips (Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Cocoa, Organic Cocoa Butter), Organic Peanuts. Manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts and other nuts. May contain pit or nutshell fragments.

I like that it is all organic, and has no questionable ingredients like sugar, honey, palm oil, or slavery derived chocolate.

I may buy some for trips but they are expensive. Almost $3 a bar

Reactions: TofuRobot