"God gave us animals to Consume! So,it’s OK?

Yes, and it is crystal clear that the original Creation was essentially "vegan". And apparently so will what comes next. But after the Fall (correct me if I am wrong here, as an atheist I am not *that* familiar with the bible), nature was corrupted and so carnivory came into being along with sin and death. Humans changed, and so eating animals became more commonplace. Plus God demanded atonement sacrifice. Then after the Flood, God gave permission to eat animals, but really that was just making clear what had already become the norm. So sure, with Jesus's sacrifice the need for the spilling of animal blood as an atonement ended, but I don't think there is any biblical passage that shows some general direction not to eat animals. I think where we are is that God allows animal use (and the diet laws were changed with Jesus to allow all animals to be eaten), but the important point is "allows". Not "orders". And that's why I think Christians can be guided by both God's just and compassionate nature as well as reference to pre-Fall times to act in ways that we can regard as consistent with veganism. In neither case is anyone under a direct order not to use/eat animals. It's all a personal choice.
Thanks. But from what I have learned, the God of the old testament is not GOD. GOD is loving, kind, and merciful.
The Wrathful "god" in the OT is angry, vengeful, and believes in blood animal sacrifice--thats' satan and pagan.
No killing of any animal will ever take away our mistakes. I am not religious.

HOW CAN VEGANS REACH CHRISTIANS WHO SAY, "God gave us the animals to eat, so its' ok"?

Hi all. I am not religious but I am spiritual. I do however believe in a kind loving non-judgemental God of light as well as Yeshua.
All religions emphasize kindness and compassion, yet they also okay and even promote eating animal flesh and blood. Some
churches host hunting events, in addition to get-together dinners where animals are served. Many religious humans use
the justification of eating animals saying, God gave them to us to feed us. So that makes it okay.
I believe that God blessed us with the animals for us to be caretakers, stewards, even parents, so we could have companions.
Not so we could kill, destroy, use, and eat them. We were also blessed with the Earth to live and thrive on, as caretakers and stewards,
yet we have really disrespected this gift.
What is the best approach to reach religious humans about the killing and consumption of animals by humans?. Namaste'.

I'm not religious or spiritual myself, but am pretty familiar with religion. All religions suggest that eating animal flesh is less virtuous than plant foods. Early Christian's for example had many days out of the calendar year where they would abstain from meat and animal products. There are no forbidden plant foods in any religion, but many meats are considered unholy, like pork
When l speak to other fellow JWs they say Jehovah gave us free will. Sadly our free will is often used for things that cause suffering to others. We are at present allowed to eat animals if we so choose. Just as we are allowed to do other things against Jehovahs will. Such as war, murder, cheating stealing ect. Jehovahs witnesses would not do the afore mentioned but make an exception when diet is concerned. Because Jjehovah said we can eat animals they considering ok. As long as the animals are killed humanely. Some know this not be true but put their personal pleasure above any suffering animals experience. This despite Psalm 11: 5 where Jehovah says he hates anyone who loves violence. Must would say that scripture applies to hurting people. But is not a slaughterhouse full of violence?
There are scriptures that speak of Concern for animals Proverbs 12: 10 and did not Jesus say Blessed are the merciful? The eating of and abuses of animals is temporary Jehovah God has promised to restore this earth to a paradise. For all of us and his animal creation Hosea 12:8. That time is not yet but it is very near and it is this hope that keeps me going when l hear fellow witnesses drooling over roast dinners. I cannot change others only myself l look forward to that time. As for now l have to endure fellow christians making their choice.

Back