G'day fellow vegans

Aussie1982

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hey everyone,

Im nick and I'm 3 months into the vegan journey which i am embracing and hoping that i am making a difference even if that be a small drop in a large ocean.

I guess I'm hear looking for guidance and most of all to become part of a community of like minded people and hopefully make some good friends along the way. Im based in Manchester UK currently

enough of my rambling.

thank you :p

Jamie in Chile

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi, hope you are well, I am nearly 2 years in (although not a strict vegan in all aspects). Good to hear from you and it can be a bit quiet on here but let me know if you have any questions.

Mark Mywordz

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hey everyone,

Im nick and I'm 3 months into the vegan journey which i am embracing and hoping that i am making a difference even if that be a small drop in a large ocean.

I guess I'm hear looking for guidance and most of all to become part of a community of like minded people and hopefully make some good friends along the way. Im based in Manchester UK currently

enough of my rambling.

thank you :p
G'day sport (Do they still say that?)
Manchester is a good place for vegans, I would think. When I lived in the UK I went to a Chinese restaurant in Manchester that had a very good reputation. I was dismayed when I looked at the menu because it was all meat based (at that time I was vegetarian). Most British restaurants have a few veggie options, so I called the waiter. He handed me a different menu which had exclusively vegetarian/vegan dishes and a lot of them too.
Manchester is a good base for getting to almost anywhere in the UK. I often fly there from Malaga, where I'm based now, to visit friends and family or to go to the Lake District, my favourite chill-out place in England.
Feel free to ask about anything here. Are you transitioning from vegetarian to vegan or were you a carnivore before?

alleycat

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi Nick from a fellow Aussie. I'm in sunny central Qld now but originally from Vic. Welcome, as Jamie from Chile said it's a quiet forum but it is friendly.