Game Changers Movie Released Globally

Hold your horses.*

* Would like to veganize that expression. What do you think of Hold Your Horseradish?

You'd best keep your plushie paws off of my horseradish if ya know what's best fer ya!

As per the documentary, haven't seen it yet. Not much in to body building at all and tend to prefer the more instructional vegan documentaries, but the more the merrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Hi guys

As a reminder: The 'Game Changers' movie just recently released online, so it can be watched globally.
It was a well-awaited documentary regarding plant-based athletes directed by James Cameron (the avatar 3d guy).

Just watched it and I think it's really, really good.

You can watch it online here: https://gamechangersmovie.com/the-film/where-to-watch/

Best option is to go for Vimeo, cost only $5 to rent. :)

Best,
Florian

A Doctor Reviews 'The Game Changers' As It Launches On Netflix

'It only took a week to become the biggest selling documentary of all time on iTunes, and today it is released on Netflix where it will be able to reach the millions of viewers it deserves'

• Love
A Doctor Reviews 'The Game Changers' As It Launches On Netflix

'It only took a week to become the biggest selling documentary of all time on iTunes, and today it is released on Netflix where it will be able to reach the millions of viewers it deserves'

gonna watch it tonight - I feel like I've already seen it as I have seen to many trailers etc - looking forward to what I haven't yet viewed

Emma JC

It was very, very good. I enjoyed every moment of it and liked seeing some of the people I have become familiar with.

@SapphireLightning you will enjoy it as it isn't really about body building, it is about all different types of athletes and yet it is entirely relatable to non-athletes as we all wish to be healthier.

Emma JC

It is available on Netflix in the UK.

I found it an enjoyable & interesting watch - nothing groundbreaking concerning environmental impact/animal cruelty/general health etc, however it will be very beneficial to any athletes regarding their performance. Hopefully this will convince many to consider a plant based diet.

What I found most interesting was that just one meal changed those blood samples. That's mind blowing.

Not a bad article but I liked the comments even better.

Wasn't aware of the publication. From the table of contents, it appears to be something like GQ.

The author uses a lot of the third person. He doesn't state his opinion just the opinion of others. Which is good journalism but also a nice trick when writing a take-down piece.

I just watched it last night.
and I also give it two thumbs up.
but you know what is crazy, the article I posted above said, "The documentary, however, steers clear of the words vegan and vegetarian due to the stigma that surrounds them. Instead, it presents “facts” about a plant-based diet."

Then I watched the doc and I didn't think to keep track but my guess is that the word "vegan" was used like 50 times.

So here is an article that says Game Changers is full of faulty facts.
I actually didn't bother finishing the article, but I think it might be fun to count the number of lies, misconceptions, and myths that are presented in the article.

The article has the balls to claim that James Cameron has a pea protein company so it's all just a scam. He calls James Cameron the creator of the movie. In reality, Cameron is like one of about 20 producers. I suppose it would be unfair to accuse the author of bias, even though it's published in Beef Magazine.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I was having beers after a training ride with a couple guys I race with (bicycles). One of them had recently watched Game Changers and said he's gonna try vegan for a week. He owns a frozen yogurt business and competition horses so I don't think the animal rights argument would be able to sway him.

I was having beers after a training ride with a couple guys I race with (bicycles). One of them had recently watched Game Changers and said he's gonna try vegan for a week. He owns a frozen yogurt business and competition horses so I don't think the animal rights argument would be able to sway him.

If he doesn't already have any nondairy products in his store maybe he could try adding one and see how it sells. Here in California all the big chains already have added vegan items to their stores. but the individual stores haven't yet.

I don't usually watch this kind of documentaries as I'm already vegan so I don't feel like I need a whole lot more preaching, and I especially can't watch any documentaries about cruelty to animals.

However, it sounds as if 'Game Changers' is a bit different, and as it seems to be well received far beyond the 'already converted', I might give it a go so I know what I'm talking about if the topic comes up in conversation with friends, family or acquaintances.

Btw, came across this article that says the CEO of Gregg's is attempting to go vegan after watching 'The Game Changers':

• Informative
yes, this movie and What the Health are very good for recommending and even watching a second time

one of the reasons that I watch vegan youtubers and participate in this forum is that it keeps the lifestyle front and center and much easier to stick to

Emma JC

I watched this with my non-vegan partner this week. It was really interesting for him as he has been limiting his meat consumption (mainly through my influence) and he works out a lot. The whole protein issue has been something that has been bugging him about not eating any meat at all. This documentary gave him a lot of facts and food for thought and he has told his trainer that he is working towards going meat free!

Huh?
So movies about the environment didn't make an impact. (Cowspiracy, After the Flood). Movies about health didn't make that big of an impact (What the Health, Forks Over Knives). However, people have become interested in going vegan cause of sports?

Forget about Scientists and Doctors. You want to get the message across - use jocks.

Please realize that as I type this my tongue is firmly embedded in my cheek.