US Free Wildlife 2014 Calendar

Thanks! I requested a calendar.

I have a secondary email account that I use in cases like this so my primary inbox doesn't fill up too much.

I don't like to take advantage of offers of this type from organizations whose missions I approve of. I don't want to divert any money from those missions.

OTOH, if the offer came from an organization whose mission I disliked, I'd be happy to divert money from the mission to myself.

I don't like to take advantage of offers of this type from organizations whose missions I approve of. I don't want to divert any money from those missions.

OTOH, if the offer came from an organization whose mission I disliked, I'd be happy to divert money from the mission to myself.

Mischief, they send you these things with the expectation (or hope) that you send them money in return. Even though they're offering the calendar for free, they ARE a nonprofit organization and use this sort of offer to encourage people to send them money. So that's always an option for you. :)

I requested one. I get free calendars from my causes often. I have a really nice one from the Humane Society. And yes they do expect a donation in return if you can afford it; I really wish I could. :(

I normally get a farm sanctuary one because I "adopt" a few animals every year. I love taking those to work - they show stories about the animals and it makes people ask about it. ;)

Reactions: Amy SF
Mischief, they send you these things with the expectation (or hope) that you send them money in return. Even though they're offering the calendar for free, they ARE a nonprofit organization and use this sort of offer to encourage people to send them money. So that's always an option for you. :)

I know the reason they offer these items for free, and if it's something I want, I do send a donation that makes it more than worthwhile for them.

I'm just pointing out that, if one takes one of these free items without making a donation that at least covers expenses, one is taking from the organization's mission the cost of producing and mailing out that item. Even if that cost is only a dollar, I'd rather see it got toward the mission, so I either donate or pass on the free item.

Nothing is ever really free. You just have to decide who should bear the cost.

Reactions: Amy SF
I have a secondary email account that I use in cases like this so my primary inbox doesn't fill up too much.
That's exactly what I have mostly for craft and knitting sites I sign up for to get free patterns. I try to keep my main e mail pristine for the important stuff. It works out great because that secondary account fills fast.