Announcement Forum software upgrade Thursday 31. August

I've been using the Plain Blue. I'm liking that it's the default style now.:up:

I can also see all the smileys now too. I wasn't able to before. Did we get a few new ones or are they just the ones I wasn't able to view?
Same old smilies as before, presumably the upgrade made them easier to access.

I was thinking, sure green is a colour often associated with people of our persuasion, but blue is after all the dominant colour of our planet...

Reactions: Amy SF
I suddenly have insufficient priveliges to post in the VIP lounge even though I've been posting there since joining this forum.

Is the black and blue style gone? I liked that one the best. The black background made text more readable for me.
I've disabled it for now as it's not functional after the upgrade. It may return if the style developer ever finds the time to fix it. (I think he will as it's a very popular style.)
I suddenly have insufficient priveliges to post in the VIP lounge even though I've been posting there since joining this forum.
Sorry to hear that. We shall investigate ...

Reactions: Scorpius
Where you left it - in the reply box.

Nope. Not there.

I was under the impression you could shut down your comp and it would be saved to a file that you could later access from your profile page or something. What is the huge advantage if it auto-saves while you're typing? Sure, it's protecting against a crash, but that's a stretch. (Unless you're on a PC :p)

I sometimes get writing longer posts right before I have to leave for somewhere - and I don't like to post without being sure I articulated everything just so. If this feature truly saved drafts - that you could access later after shutting down, that would be awesome.

I don't think it's that advanced. For that kind of thing, you just save it to a word processing document. But if you type up a long post and then save it, you could log off VV, without shutting down your computer, and do other stuff on your computer, and it will still be there when you open the thread up again. That's the main advantage to this feature. And as someone who has frequently accidentally hit the wrong thing on the keyboard and lost posts, especially long posts, for me it's a nice feature to have. :)

I was under the impression you could shut down your comp and it would be saved to a file that you could later access from your profile page or something.
It should come right up in the edit box when you look at the thread, but it will be deleted after 24 hours. (I had no idea myself until I looked it up just now.)

Did the upgrade do something to the ignore feature? It used to be that you didn't even have to see the person's avatar and there was a little button to click at the bottom of the page (if you did decide you needed to read their post). Now, I can see their avatar. It used to be the best ignore feature I'd ever seen. Not so much anymore.

Did the upgrade do something to the ignore feature? It used to be that you didn't even have to see the person's avatar and there was a little button to click at the bottom of the page (if you did decide you needed to read their post). Now, I can see their avatar. It used to be the best ignore feature I'd ever seen. Not so much anymore.
Yes, it had to be replaced with another add-on as it wasn't compatible with the new version of the forum software.
http://forum.veggieviews.com/thread...de-thursday-31-august.2888/page-2#post-135797
I've never used either of them myself, so don't really know how they work. I could suggest the advantages you mentioned as feature requests to the developer of the new add-on. With the old add-on, how would you know to click the button on the bottom of the page if you (presumably) didn't even know whether the person had posted in the thread?

Yes, it had to be replaced with another add-on as it wasn't compatible with the new version of the forum software.
http://forum.veggieviews.com/thread...de-thursday-31-august.2888/page-2#post-135797
I've never used either of them myself, so don't really know how they work. I could suggest the advantages you mentioned as feature requests to the developer of the new add-on. With the old add-on, how would you know to click the button on the bottom of the page if you (presumably) didn't even know whether the person had posted in the thread?
It would just tell you there was ignored content, then if you hovered over, you could see who the poster was and make the choice whether you wanted to see it.

It would just tell you there was ignored content, then if you hovered over, you could see who the poster was and make the choice whether you wanted to see it.
Thanks. Btw, I seem to have confused myself. The link in my previous post was about the new "ignored forums" add-on, not ignored members. That feature is actually part of the core software. So I will convey your comments to the forum software developers.

Wait ... I just tested the feature myself, and it seems to work just like you said it did before the upgrade. Are you using some weird style or something?