Announcement Forum software upgrade Thursday 31. August

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Just a warning that I will be upgrading the forum software (from version 1.1.5 to 1.2.1) hopefully today or tomorrow. Can't really say exactly when I get the opportunity.

The Flexile Dark styles will look somewhat broken after the upgrade, though still functional I think. Hopefully Flexile will have an upgrade soon too. Failing that, I might replace it with another style.

I guess I just have to admit to myself I won't have time to do this now. I hope to come back to it soon, though.

I can't take it any more! I will start upgrading in a short while. The upgrade process itself won't take very long, so the downtime isn't horrible, but some add-ons might not be working right away, and the Flexile Dark styles will become pretty ugly.

We're back! It took a while, but I think it was well worth the effort and wait.

Do you notice any of the improvements?! (Or bugs ...)

Ooh, the comment window icons are different!

What is the "Drafts" icon all about?

ETA: Also, I like the fact that we can now edit the titles of our own threads. To do that, go to the top of the screen on the right, where it says Watch Thread (or Unwatch Thread) and to the left of that, if you created the thread, it now says Thread Tools and an arrow for a drop down menu. Edit Title is in that drop down menu.

Last edited:
Ooh, the comment window icons are different!

What is the "Drafts" icon all about?

ETA: Also, I like the fact that we can now edit the titles of our own threads. To do that, go to the top of the screen on the right, where it says Watch Thread (or Unwatch Thread) and to the left of that, if you created the thread, it now says Thread Tools and an arrow for a drop down menu. Edit Title is in that drop down menu.
I seen they were different and changed a bit but it took me a few mins to relearn them.

I can't take it any more! I will start upgrading in a short while. The upgrade process itself won't take very long, so the downtime isn't horrible, but some add-ons might not be working right away, and the Flexile Dark styles will become pretty ugly.
I think you are by far the coolest forum owner who ever lived. :cool: Honestly! You get all the cool upgrades before I see them anywhere else.

And now that we can edit our thread titles, it will take away some of my unreasonable anxiety at starting a thread.

Thank you for not being able to resist giving us the best stuff. :)

I think you are by far the coolest forum owner who ever lived. :cool: Honestly! You get all the cool upgrades before I see them anywhere else.

And now that we can edit our thread titles, it will take away some of my unreasonable anxiety at starting a thread.

Thank you for not being able to resist giving us the best stuff. :)

:D

Sounds cool but I don't notice any changes from tapatalk...not yet anyway.

I'm not sure I like the "male" default picture for my avatar. I think I will have to get an internet face soon...

Also, quick question: What are the "robots" in the members online section?

Oh, that! I think those are the bots that Google and other search engines send out to search the web for information. But don't quote me on that. :p

typical minor gripe from me: the little graphic that shows a thread is watched; a pair of glasses.....how does a pair of glasses watch anything? Surely a pair of eyeballs would be better. Anyway I blocked the silly thing with adblocker.

This is a true statement.
There's no update for that style yet, so I'm considering replacing it with another dark style.

Here are a couple of free ones that should be working with the new forum software version:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/darkness.456/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bp-brown.457/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/dark-frost.1812/

None of them look amazing, though. I would of course customise them with our forum icons etc, but still.