South Florida travel

I had no idea that sand dollars were living creatures.
emoji33.png
I'd never heard of them until mentioned here, but it looked like it was a creature. Aparently they are sea urchins.

Right - I am on my way now! Adventure awaits!

Hi Swamp-Dweller (awesome and perfect name, that I now get for FL resident ha ha),
Just returned (bit woozy from jet lag still) and had a wonderful time for the most part.
After I finished my work there up near Tampa I headed off for Anna Maria island and ended up staying there for 6 days in a vacation rental. It was perfect a stones throw from the most amazing beach!
I love doing my own food prep anyway, so it worked out perfectly to get a self-catering place, whilst I enjoyed buying in different vegan fresh foods along the way.
I found a great little raw vegan restaurant in Palm Harbor called 'Rawkstar' - they served the BEST EVER desserts, with divine ice cream and cheesecakes.

Hi Swamp-Dweller (awesome and perfect name, that I now get for FL resident ha ha),
Just returned (bit woozy from jet lag still) and had a wonderful time for the most part.
After I finished my work there up near Tampa I headed off for Anna Maria island and ended up staying there for 6 days in a vacation rental. It was perfect a stones throw from the most amazing beach!
I love doing my own food prep anyway, so it worked out perfectly to get a self-catering place, whilst I enjoyed buying in different vegan fresh foods along the way.
I found a great little raw vegan restaurant in Palm Harbor called 'Rawkstar' - they served the BEST EVER desserts, with divine ice cream and cheesecakes.
I love Anna Maria, partly because there are so many little rentals *with kitchens*! And they are so kitschy with their decor lol. Did you see any dolphins? They are often there leaping around. :)

Reactions: Trinity
Did you see any dolphins? They are often there leaping around. :)
Oh my! I did see a couple pop up one morning at the beach, one early morning at sunrise! A little ways out.
I also went to a nature preserve and saw horseshoe crabs mating!!! Kept hearing clack-clack noises and thought a gator was spying on my or something :ooal:then I looked right down by my feet and horseshoe crabs! I felt so honoured!
10358576_1500482333553287_5354548856992935562_n.jpg

Hey, Florida folks! @Chryssie & @Jeremy ... and @SuicideBlonde if you're around....

Whereabouts are you guys in relation to Venice?? My parents will be there for a week next month for AACT-Fest.... I thought maybe I could get some veggie-friendly recommendations from ya & pass them on. ;) I don't know how much spare time they'll have, but what the hell. LOL

Reactions: Val
We were actually in Venice for a wedding in March. We didn't really have time to explore much though. We went to breweries and a pizza place! :D We do not live near there.