Finding the perfect man

:hugs:
Hello Kelli

Had to reply to this. Having a partner isn't the be all and end all, honestly, it's more important to have good friends, loving family, go out and enjoy good times on your own and with other people. Do the things you want and you are passionate about. Or, connect as much as you can, by phone, skype, e-mail, text, even wave out the window or when you are social distancing....

Don't let it get you down. Even when you find one, it's not easy, trust me.... Just because a man is vegan doesn't mean he can't annoy the heck out of you! They can still leave the toilet seat up, etc... Try to enjoy your life and make the most of it as it is. Sending you a virtual hug...
Hello irene... 😄😄 It was a wonderful motivation 👏👌👍

Reactions: Hog
Sadly I have kissed a lot of frogs in my time, but, not found any princes....
There are only few monarchs left.. you could have taken birth before 17th century. It might had possible!😉 Apologies for the poor English. U can correct sentence if you'd like. You're Welcome.🙏

Reactions: Irene Adler
There's no such thing as a perfect person or a perfect relationship. Even the happiest couples I know have gone through challenging periods.

As for social anxiety . . . I used to have that. Still do, to a lesser degree, but I can get out more often now without much distress. I had to work on it really hard, and it was difficult, but it was worth the effort. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or want advice.

There's no such thing as a perfect person. i once dated a guy who fit your description (loves to cook, is very nice, veg*n). He turned out to have anger problems. Thats a dealbreaker for me.

As for social anxiety . . . I used to have that. Still do, to a lesser degree, but I can get out more often now without much distress. I had to work on it really hard, and it was difficult, but it was worth the effort. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or want advice.

I find that the older you get, the more deal breakers you have. :dizzy: It's a sad reality but if you don't find your perfect match when your young, it certainly is nearly impossible once you hit that 60 mark.

I find that the older you get, the more deal breakers you have. :dizzy: It's a sad reality but if you don't find your perfect match when your young, it certainly is nearly impossible once you hit that 60 mark.
Yeah... I've given up on finding anyone. I feel like most guys my age now have kids or ex-wife, which I don't want to deal with. No offense to any single parents reading this.

Yeah... I've given up on finding anyone. I feel like most guys my age now have kids or ex-wife, which I don't want to deal with. No offense to any single parents reading this.

I know that we are not of the same generation but it's the same for me. It makes me feel sad.:worried:

I met my wife when I was 40 and she was 42. She had a previous marriage, but neither of us had children. Her ex had already moved on, and so had she. It can happen.

I feel ya. Not being vegan is a deal-breaker. I mean, m a y b e I could tolerate... Yeah, no. I just can't. Not in my house, anyway. No dairy or animal products in my house and that's the way I'm keeping it. So right there, I've eliminated like 97% of the population so I'm kinda giving up at this point. It's fine, really, cuz I really don't trust anyone anyway and I like my space and my freedom. 🤷‍♀️

Hey, I'm a single parent so I totally get it. I don't want to deal with anyone else's kids, really. Not little kids anyway. I was with a guy for a while in 2008 who dumped me in part because my kid was 4 at the time. He said he didn't want to go through all that again. His were the age that mine is now (mine's 17 his were 16 & 18). I totally get it now. (Of course he was also seeing someone else so he was kind of a jerk so I'm better off anyway, haha.) There's only one guy right now that I feel any attraction to, but A. He's not vegan, B. He's got little kids and he's going through a really messy divorce. Not happening.

I would never want perfect - that's a ridiculous aspiration. But vegan, and someone who respects my freedom and space... I just don't see it happening. I honestly stopped looking several months ago. I'm just not even interested, TBH. If I happen to run into someone that fits, that would be something. But given the current state of things, it doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon. :/