File extensions

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I filmed a very brief video (2 seconds) with my iPhone 6 and tried to upload it to VeggieViews, but apparently VeggieViews doesn't accept the .MOV file extension. Isn't this a common file extension? Why isn't it allowed? Can the software be tweaked to allow it? Is there any other way of uploading the video to VeggieViews?

I've just added 'mov' to the list of allowed extensions, so please try again now. I'm not sure how well it'll work, but there's only one way to find out for sure!

Reactions: Amy SF
Seems to work for me!

Edit: It's possible you can't see it on a phone? Anyway, it's attached to this post.

Attachments

• IMG_1357.MOV
    4.6 MB · Views: 149
I tried uploading the video the same way I do for still photos. The video uploaded, but there's no way to actually post it to a thread.

Nope, not seeing it on my phone. Just a black page.
That's a problem with your phone's browser, not really a VV problem, but yeah. You made the video with your phone? If so, you'd think it was able to see it on a web page ...! I'll investigate if there's another way ...
You have to download them? o_O
That's too much of a pain!
Only way I found so far ...
I tried uploading the video the same way I do for still photos. The video uploaded, but there's no way to actually post it to a thread.
Again, your browser is being unhelpful ...

Btw, I can see and download the file on my android phone, although it doesn't actually know how to play it. Perhaps it could if I had the right app.

On my PC with google chrome, a file downloads, if I open it, I see a short video of a small fountain with water running down stairs?

video.PNG

Reactions: Amy SF