Feeling guilty about not exercising more?-Lockdown

tlandry27

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Everyone is starting to feel guilty about not exercising more during lockdown

So... lockdown is now easing in some places and naturally many are feeling like they wasted their time and missed out on that new fitness routine they started or promised themselves they would commit to at the beginning of lockdown.

How are you all feeling? Did you keep up with your goals? Did you follow Joe Wicks or another online trainer for motivation?

I'm writing a blog on this now and would love input.

Reactions: melissajeffrey
Not really. I get enough aerobic exercise by walking almost everywhere. I enjoy it, it doesn't cost me anything, and it gets me somewhere- whereas a treadmill or stationary exercise bike wouldn't be any of these. A bicycle is much faster to get someplace, but it's inherently more dangerous (especially if your balance has never been that great- like mine) and I REALLY don't see it as an option in bad weather.

Since the mid-1980s, I had belonged to the local YMCA. I have a naturally slender build and was only doing it to be stronger- not compete in any bodybuilding contests- but I let my membership expire last year because I had become bored with it and felt I was spending a lot of time, energy, and money just maintaining my strength. In a year or two I might renew my membership; I still have my most recent workout sheets where I recorded the exercise and weight I was doing, so it would be interesting to see how much I lost. That might motivate me to stay with it.

In Kenya, there is no lockdown but a curfew (9pm to 4am). Though we can move freely, most gyms are closed and those that are open are not frequented. What I have noticed is that most fitness enthusiasts are embracing brisk walks and road runs to keep fit. Outdoor workouts in open spaces are also common. You can readily find people skipping rope or doing squats at an empty parking lot. Media channels are also jumping in to keep homebuddies active with fitness shows early in the morning (5-6am) and late in the evening (5-6pm).

In Kenya, there is no lockdown but a curfew (9pm to 4am). Though we can move freely, most gyms are closed and those that are open are not frequented. What I have noticed is that most fitness enthusiasts are embracing brisk walks and road runs to keep fit. Outdoor workouts in open spaces are also common. You can readily find people skipping rope or doing squats at an empty parking lot. Media channels are also jumping in to keep homebuddies active with fitness shows early in the morning (5-6am) and late in the evening (5-6pm).

Hi Edde,

That is great that people are opting to workout outdoors. We have a lot of that here too! I think outdoor workouts do so much for us mentally as well as physically. I have been training in the park and hope to be training some of my clients there soon.

Not really. I get enough aerobic exercise by walking almost everywhere. I enjoy it, it doesn't cost me anything, and it gets me somewhere- whereas a treadmill or stationary exercise bike wouldn't be any of these. A bicycle is much faster to get someplace, but it's inherently more dangerous (especially if your balance has never been that great- like mine) and I REALLY don't see it as an option in bad weather.

Since the mid-1980s, I had belonged to the local YMCA. I have a naturally slender build and was only doing it to be stronger- not compete in any bodybuilding contests- but I let my membership expire last year because I had become bored with it and felt I was spending a lot of time, energy, and money just maintaining my strength. In a year or two I might renew my membership; I still have my most recent workout sheets where I recorded the exercise and weight I was doing, so it would be interesting to see how much I lost. That might motivate me to stay with it.

Yeah Tom, I think going back in and using your old workout sheets for motivation is a great idea. Tracking your results is one way to stay committed. But for now if you are happy getting your exercise in through walks and bike rides that is great! The important thing is that we all remain active. And what's wrong with the rain? I love a little outdoor run in the rain :)

I was getting yoga in the morning and like half hour to hour or so walks in the afternoon most days. Yoga with Adrienne has a free monthly calendar I use most of the time for yoga. My walks playing Pokemon go helps with boredom. I just started a new job a few weeks ago, so the walks are not as much due to being tired. Also, cut back on walks due to FL heat. I still try to get my morning yoga in, it makes the day much better.

I work more than before. Since I dont have to socialize with people in real life so much anymore my grounds turn into an utopia for wildlife while I become a young god again!

To be honest... youtube... really helped me... videos from Hench Herbivore or RedShot BlackStar (bless up! different variety of fruit I man eat)...

I work more than before. Since I dont have to socialize with people in real life so much anymore my grounds turn into an utopia for wildlife while I become a young god again!

To be honest... youtube... really helped me... videos from Hench Herbivore or RedShot BlackStar (bless up! different variety of fruit I man eat)...

That is awesome! I have a few videos on YouTube too if you want to check them out and I'm always happy to provide advice. The Healthy Habit

I have a fitbit, and I just signed up for their fitbit premium 3 month free trial. It has some awesome workouts that range from easy to medium to hard. I am finding these really useful to do at home, since it's cold where I am, and going out for a long walk isn't always appealing.

Yeah Tom, I think going back in and using your old workout sheets for motivation is a great idea. Tracking your results is one way to stay committed. But for now if you are happy getting your exercise in through walks and bike rides that is great! The important thing is that we all remain active. And what's wrong with the rain? I love a little outdoor run in the rain :)
I don;t mind rain normally- but it can be dangerous when I'm riding a bicycle. You can lose your brakes temporarily when your wheel rims get wet.

Hey,
I am a fitness addicted, during lockdown I gained a lot of weight and I wanted to exercise more and more, but the situation was worst after time by time, and every gym was closed, so I wanted to make my home like a gym, so I bought my own exercise equipment then I collected through Bluefin Fitness coupons, and I achieved my fitness goal to make my home like a gym.

Reactions: tlandry27