Favorite Vegan Junk Food?

pixiebones

Newcomer
Reaction score
This is not health related at all obviously lol, but I was wondering what are some of your favorite vegan junk foods or things you eat when you get cravings?:) Also if anyone has good recipes for vegan shakes and pastries that would be great:)

scruffysmum

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I love those Doritos but you can't eat too many of them, set your mouth on fire :) Great thread, as I was just wondering if vegans only snack on carrot sticks and stuff :D

• Haha
Reactions: Damo

Alexia

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I rather like popcorn which seems healthier or marmite rice cakes or nuts. I do like my marmite so I think it's healthy. Of course there are Pringles and Kettle Chips which are always at parties.

elvisish

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Ooh theres quite alot actually! :p Oreos are a big favourite, most Chocolate Bourbon biscuits are suitable, lots of crisps are suitable by Walkers and other smaller crisp companies, I'm in the UK and a shopping chain called Waitrose do Belgian buns that are vegan, and Coop (another UK chain) do custard donuts that are vegan! Its a case of looking around, even at things you don't think will be like donuts or chocolate cookies, you sometimes get lucky and they are vegan which is always exciting! :p So yes even vegans get a chance to indulge now and again :D

Reactions: Daya
W

winter.frost

Honestly since going vegan my taste-buds have changed and are more geared towards whole foods - I want those much more often.

When I do get more 'junky cravings' it's usually for things like hash browns for breakfast, when I want to kick off with cooked carbohydrates, or tomato & olive ciabatta. I also crave things like fresh coconut water (out of the coconut!), homemade Japanese veg curries, homemade lemonade with ginger. I'm having a lot of vegan coleslaw at the moment too.

I used to be addicted to chocolate, but these days I actually prefer to avoid things like that and have more wholesome foods. I can fill up a huge salad bowl twice over and gobble it with a huge smile on my face. I like to throw in some cooked chickpeas and dressing. It feels so good.

What I will say is that eating cooked foods makes me more tired, and anecdotally it seems to be similar with other vegans who eat more 'raw' foods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharla86

sharla86

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Tons!

Hobnobs, tortilla chips, pizza, vegan chocolate, Nakd products, Pringles, Jammy Dodgers, popcorn, chips, McDonald's Spicy Vegetable burger (without the cool mayo), Almond Breeze 'icecream', smoothies, sorbet...I'm a bit of a junkfood vegan...jegan??

I've had great fun going through the supermarket finding what I can eat as much as what I can't eat.

I also got a load of vegan-friendly recipes off the internet and they are amazing.

I probably should cut it out, but I like to think of this as part of my transitioning period.

At the moment I've totally given up on all obvious animal-based products, cleaned out my wardrobe and going through my stockpile of old cosmetics.

I rarely miss any of it, except for Nutella (but even then I made my own version out of roasted hazlenuts, muscavado sugar, maple syrup and vegan cocoa powder).

Oh and marzipan, gotta have my marizpan!

Last edited:

Daya

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
Before going vegan my all-time, always go-to favourite thing was ice-cream (obviously there are vegan ones, but haven't found any where I live), so now it's mostly chips, oreos or vegan gummies.