Favorite products at Walgreens/Rite-Aid/CVS, etc.

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
What are your favorite products at these places?
What kind of deals have you found that might surprise people?

I love the Big Roll toilet paper at Walgreens. Every couple of weeks it goes on sale for only 50 cents so I try to stock up. I also love their clearance section. They frequently have some great deals. I found vegetarian gummy vitamins (Lil Critters) on sale for only $3. I bought up the last 4 bottles they had.

My Rite Aid stores now have a natural/organic section with soy/almond milks, McDougal soups, Annie's snacks, etc. So far everything's been really expensive though. I remember reading that they have a dark chocolate bar for $1 that is "accidently vegan". I've seen it, but I've never tried it since I'm not fond of chocolate.

Walgreens often has buy 1 get 1 free sales on their canned nuts. As a matter of fact, they are on sale this week. Their own name brand called Nice!, two 9 ounce cans, cost $3.99. Blue Diamond name brand, two 6 ounce cans, cost $3.79. They are the cheapest almonds I have ever seen.

The Rite-Aid stores near me now carry some veg*an/organic/"health" products, both food and beauty products, including Eco-Tools makeup products and Back to Nature crackers.

Same with CVS Pharmacy.

I was surprised and pleased a couple years ago when I saw that Walgreens carries Green & Black's chocolate bars.

Question: Why is this thread in the "South" forum? These drugstore chains are located all over the U.S.

I know. I wanted to just put it in the US part, but I think I had to choose what area of the country.
I didn't know where else to put it.

Oh wait. Now I'm looking more - could I have just put it below the North/South/East/West sections? :???:

I get alot of things for free or practically pennies at cvs and walgreens for the home stockpile and donating...last week I got 4 boxxes barilla pasta, 2 jugs lipton tea, shampoo, conditioner, mustard, paper products, and I havent bought jelly in a grocery store for years my Mom only likes Welches Jelly and Walgreens always puts it on sale 2/$4.00 and I always have a 75 cents or dollar coupon and stock-up for thehome stockpile and for donating.....I always scan the sale ads match with coupons and ecbs, green bag tag dollars and I am on my way....I do really,really well in these stores.

peace, love and coupons rock--nn--roll:)

I buy almonds at CVS a lot. They seem to a be a dollar or two per pound cheaper than the grocery stores.

I buy almonds at CVS a lot. They seem to a be a dollar or two per pound cheaper than the grocery stores.

How much do they cost ? I used to buy mine from Sprouts. If I remember they were around $4 per Ib.

The almonds that I buy overhere come from California and cost around €8/9 per Kilo.

buy lots of stuff at CVS but mostly their cans of Amy & Brian's Coconut juice (17.5 oz).
they are cheaper there than anywhere else and i drink one a day when i get home from work or in the evening. it's a staple i have to have all the time.

at Rite-Aid, i love buying the $10 tops and skirts from India. was so (pleasantly) surprised to see this there.

Yes to cucumbers facial wash.

I almost bought fluffy pig slippers from Walgreens last night, but decided not to at he last minute. I might buy them after I get paid.

Cookie butter at walgreens. It's the only place in town that sells it, for some reason. And it's labeled vegan. :smitten:

Wow, I've never had cookie butter. I'm going to have to try that.

Someone gave me a jar of Trader Joe's cookie butter, but the thought of it grossed me out. I gave it to my mom, but I don't know if she ate it or not.

I bought a jar of the cookie butter. When I tasted it I liked it but I've yet to eat any if it. I think I end up wanting things because I hear you guys talking about stuff and you make it sound so good that I have to have what you have, lol.

Someone gave me a jar of Trader Joe's cookie butter, but the thought of it grossed me out. I gave it to my mom, but I don't know if she ate it or not.

We call it Speculoos spread over here as it is made with biscuits that carry the name. I have bought some and
really like the taste of it. My only issue is that the main ingredients are sugar and oil so it is full of calories and also quite expensive.
It is delicious spread on crepes, waffles and served with vanilla ice cream. You can also use it for making cakes.

http://www.bienmanger.com/2F3383_Speculoos_Spread.html

Drugstores see growth potential in upscale services

Upgrades including sushi chefs, expanded liquor selections and glossier stores aim at competing against big-box retailers and online merchants.

By Shan Li, Los Angeles Times

March 14, 2013, 5:00 a.m.

At a spot on Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, visitors scoop up sushi, taste frozen yogurt and order lattes.

But this isn't a restaurant or even a fancy supermarket. It's that Main Street staple: Walgreens.
"It's like an amusement park," gushed West Hollywood resident Brent Leonesio, 30, as he eyed the line of people waiting to pick up caffeinated drinks to go. "They've kind of made this into a destination. It's actually fun to come here."
Once mainstays for late-night snack runs and toilet paper emergencies, drugstores are shaking off their stale image and going upscale.
Walgreen Co., for example, is opening glossy stores that feature sushi chefs and enormous alcohol selections. CVS stores have added fresh sandwiches and produce. Rite Aid Corp. has been revamping its locations and bringing in packaged organic and gluten-free food.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-upscale-drugstores-20130314,0,3602320.story

I spotted this in the LA Times today and thought I'd post it here just for fun. Who knows, if this trend continues, our favorite drugstore products may eventually include fresh made veggie sushi and banana smoothies. :p

Reactions: thefadedone