Favorite plant milk?

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I do love the taste and consistency of almond milk,but also enjoy coconut.
Almond seems do do well in baking and making sauces and gravies.
What's your favorite?

Almond. It's delicious. I've been obsessed with it ever since Alpro starting selling theirs in supermarkets for a reasonable price. :D

& unsweetened soy takes second place. That's better for cooking too.

I drink mostly soy milk, but do also like almond milk. I drink mostly soy because it's sooo cheap to make, around 40-45 cents/ half gallon.

You can buy a blend of hazelnut and almond milk here and that is my favourite. I mostly buy Alpro soya milk though because my husband doesn't mind it.

I'm kind of sugar phobic, and oat milk is my favorite unsweetened non dairy milk just for drinking. Add enough sugar and they're all good. I usually use soy or coconut for cooking.

I tried almond milk but for whatever reason it just seemed too sweet to me... so I've pretty much stuck with unsweetened soy milk on my cereal.

It's also great for baking so that's what I generally keep in my fridge.

Almond, soy, and rice milk. I don't like any of them on their own (unless chocolate flavored, then I nom it up like crazy) but they all seem to work equally well in recipes and cereal.

Almond Breeze's coconut almond milk blend is my favorite. The coconut/almond flavor is very rich which I love. You should probably stay away from it if you're not a fan of coconut.

Unfortunately, it's harder to find so I usually just buy their regular vanilla almond milk or Silk's vanilla almond milk.
http://www.almondbreeze.com/?navid=530