Music Favorite Elvis moment?

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Thirty five years ago today,Elvis passed on at the age of 42. Regardless of opinion ,I think most everyone can agree-he left a mark and changed music forever. This is one of my favorites.

Elvis isn't dead or at least not wholly so. I read somewhere he is going under the assumed name of Bubba in Bon Temps, LA.

I do understand his fame and place in music history but he was in his fat Elvis stage when I was young so I never really got exposed to his music in his heyday.

Reactions: Dropkick
I once saw a bunch of Elvis impersonators in a trivia contest. They were trying to talk in Elvissy voices the whole time. :D

Yeah, he was really something back then. I read somewhere that he's the most impersonated celebrity in the world,followed by Michael Jackson. Funny- both were tormented souls,led eccentric lifestyles and died tragically and far too soon.

I was too young to remember Elvis during his skinny phase... I only remember my older sister swooning over some Hawaii broadcast in the 70's.

When I was four, I had big plans to marry him. I remember standing in front of our black and white television ,dancing to the beat. Good times.

When I went to Graceland, I thought it was pretty cool. There were parts of the tour that my friends and I found quite funny, though, and some of the other people on the tour at the same time did not appreciate it. They seemed quite upset that we found humor in the sequined jumpsuits, and we kept blocking their SERIOUS photos of Elvis' grave by us taking pictures of each other next to the grave. Pfffft.

I really like his older music the best- pre-gospel phase.

I used to comb my hair like him. My first record was an Elvis record. I don't remember how old I was, but I got it for Christmas, and my brother got the first Kiss album.