Fast food workers tell what really goes on behind the counter

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
If I hadn't already stopped eating fast food, I would have after reading this.

..."When I was a young buck, I worked at Burger King," writes JohnnyDollar at Reddit.com. "Here is how the oil rotation went. You had four vats of oil that you cooked fries in. And boy did you cook fries. Tons of them. After about 2 days worth, the oil got too dark for fries. So we switched it over to the ones for chicken. Since it was darker, it was ok. Then that goes on for a week. After a week of massive frying. The oil is black as motor oil. At that point, it's switched to the Fish Filet vat. That's the only thing you cook in that vat."

"When I worked at McDonald's, I accidentally left a whole bag of about 100 chicken nuggets out on a counter for way too long," Dfunkatron confesses. "They melted. Into a pool of liquid. I never understood why. But they were completely indiscernible as being the nuggets i once knew."...

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/fast-food-employees-dish-things-never-order-183300185.html

I found out one of my favorite mexican restaurants would reuse the uneaten salsa and chips from customers tables. I never did eat there again. :yuck:

Yes I read that yesterday. Made me so glad to be a vegetarian. The burger bar I go to says it uses a seperate grill for veggie burgers, and I am hoping this to be the case.

My friend worked at Wendy's and told me about the recycled meat in chili thing, so gross! Also my very first job in high school was at A&W and not only was there a layer of grease on the floor you could slide around on and pretend to ice skate they also left a tray of cooked bacon out on the counter for a few hours on my first day. So so nasty.